Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Study aides to avoid...  (Read 1949 times)

tacojohn

• Sr. Citizen
  • "I voted. P. Diddy told us to vote"
    • ICQ Messenger - 176834534
    • MSN Messenger - tacojohniu@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - TacoJohnIU
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - tacojohniu@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Fearfully Optimistic
    • Email
Re: Study aides to avoid...
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2005, 11:31:30 AM »
I'm finding it very hard to pick commercial study aids.  I got Understanding Civ Pro because it was recommended by my Civ Pro teacher (possibly because it was written by one of the other civ pro teachers at the school and they're just filling each other's pockets, but who knows).  Everyone has a recommendation for a Torts supplement, but my torts teacher hates hard and fast rules.  It's hard to accept at face value that what he emphasizes in class is what will be on the test.  I hope I'm up with the reading enough that when I look at a past exam near Thanksgiving, I can get some outside help if it's really just about the BLL and not how every judge is wrong and has a hidden agenda.

brutal264

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2005, 03:47:17 PM »
Look in Law School Confidential. I bought those, and they're working out fine...so far...whatever value that holds.  :-\

blankman

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2005, 12:47:21 AM »
To make this easy on you:

Contracts - Chirelstein
Con Law - Chemerinsky
CivPro - Glannon
Crim Law - "Understanding Crim Law" (I forget who the author is)

Those are pretty much bibles. As for your other classes, like the previous poster said, don't get too many. Generally, don't get crunchtime or nutshell or emanuel. Those things suck. If you are not sure, stick wit the generally thorough Gilbert's.

Torts & Property?