Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: BarBri for 1L?  (Read 2703 times)

ucsblaw8

• Jammin' in SB
    • View Profile
BarBri for 1L?
« on: September 18, 2005, 02:58:21 PM »
Anyone use BarBri for 1L study? I keep seeing this guy in my 1L class with this huge green BarBri book (while working on his case briefs) and I can't help but wonder what the hell he's doing with it. Next time I see him I'll ask him but I figure I can ask LSDers as well.

Peace
shine on

JD_MSA

• View Profile
Re: BarBri for 1L?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2005, 04:04:23 PM »
He's got the "First Year Review" book.  It's got outlines in it for all the first-year classes. 

ucsblaw8

• Jammin' in SB
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2005, 06:22:00 PM »
Interesting...is it beneficial to a 1L or is it more directed towards the Bar? I have heard that the outlines are too cut and dry and might not be helpful...but what do I know, it's only my 4th week.

Thanks
shine on

JD_MSA

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2005, 05:25:53 PM »
The "First Year Review" and "Upper Level Review" (for 2L/3L) books are specifically geared to law students and are different from the bar-study outlines.  I used both books quite a bit, and I'm not a person who relies on study aids a lot (mostly because I don't like buying extra stuff).

The first year book has outlines and review questions for torts, contracts, property, crim, con law (first half), and civ pro.  I think there are sample exams in there as well. 

The upper level book has, among others, the best corporations outline I've seen. 

manhattanazn

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2005, 01:28:38 AM »
Being the nut that I am, I literally bought virtually almost all the study aids there are out there for every class I have. And I actually have time to read them since I'm going to school pt and not working. The Green Barbri book is just a nother version (shorter but clearer in my opinion) then the Gilbert outlines Barbri puts out. I don't have emanuels outline but their crunchtime series looks pretty good too. Hope that helps.