Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: CALI  (Read 3005 times)

CoxlessPair

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
CALI
« on: September 16, 2005, 12:44:04 PM »
This might have been brought up before (don't know if I saw it here or the prelaw board) but has anyone spent time playing with the CALI Lessons? There seems to be a wealth of information in them but the time commitment to throughly sift might be better spent doing other things.

Common sense would lead me to think that doing every topic from every subject would be a waste but worthwile on the harder topics of some of your classes.

For those who have gone through them, is the oppurtunity cost worth it?
Air Force JAG Corps

dft

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: CALI
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2005, 02:21:14 AM »
Good question. The CALI lessons are highly recommended by AF in PLSII, but I'm wondering the same thing as you. If AF recommends the E&E's and the CO's, then why do we need CALI too? Or, why couldn't we use CALI in place of either of these study aids?

DutchessA

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2005, 06:10:28 PM »
I'm loving the CALI exercises, and all my profs swear by them...they are especially helpful for review...

JD_MSA

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2005, 02:41:34 PM »
I love the CALI lessons.  I used them throughout my first two years.  Some are better than others, but generally they're a good review. 

dft

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2005, 10:12:45 PM »
Would you recommend them over the E&E's or are the E&E's ranked higher in priority?

I love the CALI lessons.  I used them throughout my first two years.  Some are better than others, but generally they're a good review. 

VirtualJD

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2005, 10:19:47 PM »
Another vote for the value of CALI.

JD_MSA

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2005, 02:17:39 PM »
Would you recommend them over the E&E's or are the E&E's ranked higher in priority?

I depends on the subject area.  I tend to prefer CALI because I hate buying extra stuff, but some of the CALI lessons are a bit thin in certain subjects. 

gusrip98

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2005, 02:28:40 PM »

CALI is a nice supplement, but I wouldn't trade them for the E&E's.  CALI doesn't have every single topic.  They are a nice way to quickly review a subject.  However, writing out the explanations to the examples is invaluable to me.
"Never stole a horse from someone I didn't like"

dft

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2005, 03:55:10 PM »
Thanks for the advice.

CALI is a nice supplement, but I wouldn't trade them for the E&E's.  CALI doesn't have every single topic.  They are a nice way to quickly review a subject.  However, writing out the explanations to the examples is invaluable to me.

up_late

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2005, 03:28:48 PM »
The E&E's for Civ Pro and Torts are good, but I didn't get far in the one for Contracts.

CALI was very nice for teaching me how joinder works (civ pro).  I really liked having a wizard to walk through with questions and answers for that.