Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: I'm going back to the Pre-Law Board  (Read 1544 times)

celarkobri

Re: I'm going back to the Pre-Law Board
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2005, 09:44:39 PM »
It wasn't until I went to a wedding the other week when I realized that I had lost the ability to talk about anything but law school. Me lose brain?

touro1979

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2005, 10:40:09 AM »
It wasn't until I went to a wedding the other week when I realized that I had lost the ability to talk about anything but law school. Me lose brain?

I know the feeling/at the last thanksgiving dinner I did not say two words that were not law school or law related.  Anytime anybody spoke to me it was about law, what I thought about this or that etc...  The funny thing was I wasnt even annoyed.  Its starting to become all I know how to talk about.  Unfort. when you are not with law students nobody knows what the hell you are talking about so you have to explain like you teaching it to a 5 year old.  Ones things for sure, I am a much different person after 3 years of law school. 

tacojohn

• Sr. Citizen
  • "I voted. P. Diddy told us to vote"
    • ICQ Messenger - 176834534
    • MSN Messenger - tacojohniu@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - TacoJohnIU
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - tacojohniu@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Fearfully Optimistic
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2005, 12:28:38 PM »
If the beef was "I'm going back to the pre-law side because there is not enough activity here", I might agree (for a long time there wasn't).  I second the motion that being involved in LSD necessarily means you are serious about law school and not being involved necessarily means you are not.

And the reality about studying is 1) law school is in fact made out to be, on average, a little more demanding than it actually is, just like undergrad is made out to be harder than it is to high school students, and 2) everyone learns differently and if you can get away with not studying at all, studying a little, or just studying in moderation, more power to you.

trouble

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2005, 06:17:07 PM »
I signed up for the pre-law side a few years ago, when I realized I was serious about going to law school.  But the comments that actually pertained to law school were so few and far between, I neglected my account.  Since I'm not interested in talking to strangers about my sex life (or lack thereof, as it were...), I found the pre-law side fairly useless.  Time lapsed, and I think I was systematically flushed out for lack of activity.  When I was finally accepted to law school, I started a new account and began to post a few things here and there on the student side.

I've found the conversation to be quite stimulating. I've been flamed a couple of times, but hey...ain't nobody perfect, right?  Most people are genuinely nice, and it's great to be able to converse with people who are going through the same thing I am.  It makes me feel....not quite so isolated.

Sorry we disappointed you, Dodgerlaw, but hey. Whatever.
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us."  Ralph Waldo Emerson