Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Law School, Cigarettes and Lung Cancer  (Read 1010 times)

dkast

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Law School, Cigarettes and Lung Cancer
« on: September 14, 2005, 10:23:21 PM »
Any smokers out there smoking an exponentially greater amount of cigs after starting law school.

I was smoking a pack a day now i'm up to almost 2. 

I believe its a combination of staying up later as well as the fact that I tend to smoke more when I am at my desk for x amount of hours reading. 

If i get lung cancer after 10 years this is so not going to be work it.

jimmyjohn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Law School, Cigarettes and Lung Cancer
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2005, 10:36:51 PM »
Your posts have been a little on the flaming side lately.  Are you ok?  Under too much law school stress?

dkast

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2005, 10:40:55 PM »
Your posts have been a little on the flaming side lately.  Are you ok?  Under too much law school stress?

pun intended?

jimmyjohn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2005, 11:03:19 PM »

pun intended?

No pun.

dkast

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2005, 01:17:15 AM »
not really getting to me,  i pretty much know what I need to learn, mostly the information from the primers and getting a really good handle on the black letter law, unfortunately dealing with the minutia of who won the case at the trial level, which is what our professors stress and want us to know, seems to get in the way at times.

I'll figure it out.

Just got my contracts memorandum back and did extremely well on it, was very close to the professor's model answer.

Hows it going for you so far?

MR2Tyler

• Vrroom.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - MR2Tyler
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2005, 02:24:19 AM »
My smoking has actually gone down.  I promised myself that I would leave the cigarettes at home, rather than home, to cut down on the stress smoking.  Since I'm always at school, by definition I can't smoke.  It's awesome.

-Ty
Won:  Idaho ($$)
Lost:  USC, UW, UC Davis (Whipped like a Yugo in F1)
Still Racing:  W&M

jimmyjohn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2005, 07:34:47 AM »
not really getting to me,  i pretty much know what I need to learn, mostly the information from the primers and getting a really good handle on the black letter law, unfortunately dealing with the minutia of who won the case at the trial level, which is what our professors stress and want us to know, seems to get in the way at times.

I'll figure it out.

Just got my contracts memorandum back and did extremely well on it, was very close to the professor's model answer.

Hows it going for you so far?

Not bad. I feel the same as you do.  I know the black letter laws but the in class stuff is bad.  I'm not a big fan of useless detail so I don't often do well in Socratic when the teacher starts asking me about what the trial court decided or what was this precedent that they spent about 2 or 3 sentences discussing.