Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Balancing school and social life...  (Read 1657 times)

Rowgirl

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.3/165
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Balancing school and social life...
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2005, 08:51:57 AM »
I've been going out with a good number of kids from my section, and not only is it great to blow off some steam, since we're all in the same boat, but it makes it a lot more bearable to have kids that you're close with to talk to throughout the day.  Now the conversation at lunch isn't all about cases, its about "remember when so and so couldn't get into the bar?"  Its nice to have a little reprieve during the day.  You just have to make sure you're not going out to excess
In: BC, Northeastern ($), Quinnipaic ($$), Suffolk ($), Temple ($)
Waitlisted: W&M, W&L
Out: BU
Attending: BC

rezipsa

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2005, 10:32:34 AM »
I traded sex for preparation in class once.  I got called on the next class, told my professor "Unfortunately I did not analyze this case to the extent that would be helpful to our class discussion"  I saw him take out a little red pen and mark me down.  It was worth it though we only get one "unprepared" per semester.  I was professional and if he had a problem with it i'm sure he would have went off like is the case with most students

In short, you may have to be a selfish lover.

That is funny!

Trancer

• Sr. Citizen
  • Conan the Republican!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2005, 05:16:08 PM »
I keep it to once a week and its usually with my section, they are a cool bunch indeed.
Its not the size of the army that counts, its the fury of the onslaught.
Seton Hall, August 05

dkast

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2005, 10:36:11 PM »
I traded sex for preparation in class once.  I got called on the next class, told my professor "Unfortunately I did not analyze this case to the extent that would be helpful to our class discussion"  I saw him take out a little red pen and mark me down.  It was worth it though we only get one "unprepared" per semester.  I was professional and if he had a problem with it i'm sure he would have went off like is the case with most students

In short, you may have to be a selfish lover.

That is funny!

Yeah though it would have been hilarious if I said 

"Good morning professor, unfortunately I decided to have sex instead of reading the case to the extent where it would be helpful in this class discussion, im sure you would have arrived at a similar conclusion at the time of the act"

8 more months of this.

tacojohn

• Sr. Citizen
  • "I voted. P. Diddy told us to vote"
    • ICQ Messenger - 176834534
    • MSN Messenger - tacojohniu@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - TacoJohnIU
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - tacojohniu@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Fearfully Optimistic
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2005, 12:40:10 PM »
People are going out every weekend night, and sometimes on Wednesday or Thursday.  The attitude around here is very much "work hard, play hard".  People will work until midnight or 2am to have time the next night to go out in the middle of the week or take the whole weekend off.