Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Law School is Easy  (Read 2906 times)

irishsport08

• View Profile
Law School is Easy
« on: September 04, 2005, 09:55:34 PM »
Law School is easy...

squarre

• View Profile
Re: Law School is Easy
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2005, 11:05:20 PM »
Not sure what you are looking for here, but the concepts the first few weeks are generally not extremely difficult.  I also think in general the concepts as a whole are not "that" difficult (of course there are some exceptions to this). 

The difficulty in law school is (1) managing the workload and (2) learning how to apply the law and its ambiguities to many different situations.  For the most part everyone in your class will know the law, differences in grades will come from the depth of analysis and seeing the "forks" in the road.

tacojohn

• Sr. Citizen
  • "I voted. P. Diddy told us to vote"
    • ICQ Messenger - 176834534
    • MSN Messenger - tacojohniu@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - TacoJohnIU
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - tacojohniu@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Fearfully Optimistic
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2005, 11:40:39 PM »
I wouldn't say easy.  I haven't found it to be crushingly difficult so far. There's been a lot of work and it's been fairly challenging. But a lot of this depends on school, professors, and most of all your personal learning style.

bacchus

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2005, 01:42:16 AM »
A lawyer friend of mine told me that the people who walked out of law school exams saying they were easy were the people who didn't understand the questions.
A zen philosopher once said, "A flute with no holes is not a flute, a doughnut with no hole is a danish"

eray01

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2005, 02:21:58 AM »
I'm waiting for the sh-t to hit the fan. I know its coming. Its just a question of when.

duma

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2005, 09:49:24 AM »
I'm waiting for the sh-t to hit the fan. I know its coming. Its just a question of when.
Let's see... first year.... it hits when you are reading the directions of your first exam. After that, it doesn't end until summer. Enjoy.

lipper

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2005, 11:08:26 AM »

future interests in property - u got about 2 months.
check the footnotes ya'll

S|

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2005, 03:43:12 PM »
Let's see... first year.... it hits when you are reading the directions of your first exam. After that, it doesn't end until summer. Enjoy.

If you study exams/hypos is this as much of a problem?

Leaf2001br

• Sr. Citizen
  • My two cents.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Leaf2001br
    • View Profile
    • Isaac Online
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2005, 05:00:50 PM »
I think if it seems easy you have to remember not to underestimate your classmates.  All of them are very academically successful people who are still capable of burying you in the class ranking.  What seems easy to you, probably does to many others as well.  Just because you may think it's easy that doesn't translate into any real "edge" when it comes time to guaging your relative performance.

Anyway, it's coming.  Nothing worth accomplishing is ever easy.
"What is Legal?  What is Illegal?  What is 'Barely Legal'?"  - Ali G

eray01

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2005, 05:11:23 PM »

future interests in property - u got about 2 months.

We're starting that next week actually.