Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Who's Going To Replace Rehnquist?  (Read 735 times)

il Principe

• The Archon of Protocol
    • View Profile
Who's Going To Replace Rehnquist?
« on: September 04, 2005, 02:01:10 PM »
It's Bush's lucky day. My bet is one of the new ladies he just appointed to one of the Circuit's. 
"The most futile and disastrous day seems well spent when it is reviewed through the blue, fragrant smoke of a Havana Cigar" - Evelyn Waugh

eray01

Re: Who's Going To Replace Rehnquist?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2005, 02:10:53 PM »
I'm going with Scalia as the C.J. (yeah, I'm on that bandwagon). And, a Mexican. Maybe a Mexican woman, but a Mexican for sure.

be10dwn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2005, 02:43:29 PM »
definitely Scalia for CJ and maybe the woman on the 5th circuit who was considered for o'Connor's spot, what was her name...interestingly enough my friend clerked for her

jewelbomb

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2005, 02:49:04 PM »
I see Scalia or Thomas as C.J., more likely Scalia. The way I see it, it doesn't really matter. Bush will appoint a conservative ideologue. I’m not tryin’ to get all political on ya, but realistically it’s what Bush must do to appease his base. The Democrats will mount a typically lame-ass fight during the confirmation process, wasting everyone’s time. Bush will get what he wants in the end.

Even though he’d old as hell, I think Stevens would be a great C.J. (fat fvcking chance) 

jewelbomb

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2005, 02:53:52 PM »
By the way, I've been in a study vacuume all weekend. I had no idea of Rehnquist's passing. It's crazy that I'm getting my news from L.S.D.

Leaf2001br

• Sr. Citizen
  • My two cents.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Leaf2001br
    • View Profile
    • Isaac Online
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2005, 05:06:43 PM »
I have inside sources that say he's opening negotiations with the Pope.  If that falls through, I suppose he may settle for Scalia.
"What is Legal?  What is Illegal?  What is 'Barely Legal'?"  - Ali G