Law School Discussion

Who's Going To Replace Rehnquist?

il Principe

• The Archon of Protocol
    • View Profile
Who's Going To Replace Rehnquist?
« on: September 04, 2005, 12:01:10 PM »
It's Bush's lucky day. My bet is one of the new ladies he just appointed to one of the Circuit's. 

eray01

Re: Who's Going To Replace Rehnquist?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2005, 12:10:53 PM »
I'm going with Scalia as the C.J. (yeah, I'm on that bandwagon). And, a Mexican. Maybe a Mexican woman, but a Mexican for sure.

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2005, 12:43:29 PM »
definitely Scalia for CJ and maybe the woman on the 5th circuit who was considered for o'Connor's spot, what was her name...interestingly enough my friend clerked for her

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2005, 12:49:04 PM »
I see Scalia or Thomas as C.J., more likely Scalia. The way I see it, it doesn't really matter. Bush will appoint a conservative ideologue. I’m not tryin’ to get all political on ya, but realistically it’s what Bush must do to appease his base. The Democrats will mount a typically lame-ass fight during the confirmation process, wasting everyone’s time. Bush will get what he wants in the end.

Even though he’d old as hell, I think Stevens would be a great C.J. (fat fvcking chance) 

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2005, 12:53:52 PM »
By the way, I've been in a study vacuume all weekend. I had no idea of Rehnquist's passing. It's crazy that I'm getting my news from L.S.D.

Leaf2001br

• My two cents.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Leaf2001br
    • View Profile
    • Isaac Online
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2005, 03:06:43 PM »
I have inside sources that say he's opening negotiations with the Pope.  If that falls through, I suppose he may settle for Scalia.