Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Study Guides? Or, How do I survive Contracts without ripping my book to pieces?  (Read 3012 times)

Coregram

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Study Guides? Or, How do I survive Contracts without ripping my book to piec
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2005, 10:10:56 AM »

Find a commercial outline keyed to your contracts case book.

There are none.  That was part of the OP's question.

Many times, a commercial outline is not listed as being specifically keyed to certain casebooks.  If that's the case, you might have to key it yourself by matching up the casebooks table of contents or the sylabus topics with the topics in commercial outline table of contents.  It takes a little work as your casebook (or professor's sylabus) may not be in the same order, or may group sub-topics differently, but it will get you the information you want. The basic concepts of the course should be the same and be covered no matter what the casebook.

However, that doesn't work for canned briefs which are very much casebook specific.

bruin04

• View Profile
Re: Study Guides? Or, How do I survive Contracts without ripping my book to piec
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2005, 12:46:10 PM »
My contracts class is using that book, and I actually like it.  I'm not quite seeing the blind alleys that you are...

As do I, and I don't see these blind alleys either. Maybe Kraus does a better job of getting the concepts through in class, and that's why I am not having this problem?

As Jacy said, your best bet is to find a 2L that used the book in contracts last year about study guides/outlines. I haven't heard anyone in my section mention study aids for the class/book, so I cna't help with that. :(

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2005, 06:41:14 PM »
I tried looking through outlines and canned briefs for the book.  There really aren't any keyed close enough that are worth the money, IMO.

I think it ultimately comes down to your prof.  If your prof wants to lead you down blind alleys, it won't matter what book you use.  You'll ultimately find yourself lost and confused anyway.