Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Is there a free downloadable law dictionary?  (Read 2208 times)

mudcat

• View Profile
Re: Is there a free downloadable law dictionary?
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2005, 12:56:21 PM »
You know what, nevermind. Is that really that confusing?

It obviously is, fvuckhead. You didn’t say that you didn’t have the internet in your classrooms, only that you had no wireless.

Next time ask the right questions and you might get the right answers.

Loser.

1.  see where I say my school seems to block internet?  Anyway, that doesnt matter.  The title of my post says it all:  "Is there a free downloadable law dictionary?"

now, I assume you are in law school.  So lets break down the elements of my question.

1.  free: this means no charge.
2.  downloadable: this is important.  different from "searchable."
3.  law dictionary:  blacks would be preferable. 

so I'm assuming that you dont understand what the word "downloadable" means, which concerns me because this is 2005.  Maybe you should look up the term, in, say, an online dictionary. 

jewelbomb

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2005, 02:49:21 PM »
You know what, nevermind. Is that really that confusing?

It obviously is, fvuckhead. You didn’t say that you didn’t have the internet in your classrooms, only that you had no wireless.

Next time ask the right questions and you might get the right answers.

Loser.

1.  see where I say my school seems to block internet?  Anyway, that doesnt matter.  The title of my post says it all:  "Is there a free downloadable law dictionary?"

now, I assume you are in law school.  So lets break down the elements of my question.

1.  free: this means no charge.
2.  downloadable: this is important.  different from "searchable."
3.  law dictionary:  blacks would be preferable. 

so I'm assuming that you dont understand what the word "downloadable" means, which concerns me because this is 2005.  Maybe you should look up the term, in, say, an online dictionary. 

I know what “downloadable” means. Because I am unaware of any downloadable law dictionaries, I and several other posters tried to be helpful and suggest something else that might work instead. Sorry. You are completely right to dis people who take the time to try to answer your stupid questions. Suggestion: if you don’t like the advice given IGNORE IT rather than being a complete condescending fvck about it. 

_retired_

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2005, 11:15:38 PM »
We used this thing called "Google" to answer your question.  Have you heard of it?

mudcat

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2005, 12:31:47 PM »
ok, obviously this thread has not provided any useful information to me or anyone else interested in the original question.  Im only responding at this point because i am procrastinating.

jwelbomb:  you didnt understand the question, which is fine.  I resorted to being "condescending" because you called me a "loser" and a "fvckhead", with the only provocation being that I asked "is this really that confusing."  My question was not confusing, but it confused you because you didnt read it very closely, or you didnt understand it because you didnt know what the words I used meant.  Then you got pissed when I pointed that out.  Sorry. 

AJ: Google didnt find one for me.  That's why I asked this board.  I was hoping that someone here was in the same situation as me and had discovered a free, downloadable online dictionary.  I appreciate your initial westlaw idea, and thanked you for your imput, even though it wasnt going to work.  Give it a rest, you werent the target of my "condescending" post.  The third world country i live in decided last year that its students shouldnt be playing partypoker during class, so blocked internet while classes are in session, even though they had ports installed at every desk a few years ago.  Which is retarded.

Jewelbomb: Assuming that only a girl whould think that jewel is "bomb", have you ever made 30+ threatening phone calls in one day to your ex-boyfriend because you saw him talking to another female in the cafeteria lunch line?  I have a feeling you would do this.  Get back to me about this.  I am having fun trying to picture you in real life.

jewelbomb

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2005, 05:55:04 PM »
ok, obviously this thread has not provided any useful information to me or anyone else interested in the original question.  Im only responding at this point because i am procrastinating.

jwelbomb:  you didnt understand the question, which is fine.  I resorted to being "condescending" because you called me a "loser" and a "fvckhead", with the only provocation being that I asked "is this really that confusing."  My question was not confusing, but it confused you because you didnt read it very closely, or you didnt understand it because you didnt know what the words I used meant.  Then you got pissed when I pointed that out.  Sorry. 

AJ: Google didnt find one for me.  That's why I asked this board.  I was hoping that someone here was in the same situation as me and had discovered a free, downloadable online dictionary.  I appreciate your initial westlaw idea, and thanked you for your imput, even though it wasnt going to work.  Give it a rest, you werent the target of my "condescending" post.  The third world country i live in decided last year that its students shouldnt be playing partypoker during class, so blocked internet while classes are in session, even though they had ports installed at every desk a few years ago.  Which is retarded.

Jewelbomb: Assuming that only a girl whould think that jewel is "bomb", have you ever made 30+ threatening phone calls in one day to your ex-boyfriend because you saw him talking to another female in the cafeteria lunch line?  I have a feeling you would do this.  Get back to me about this.  I am having fun trying to picture you in real life.

Ok, so I got a little defensive. Like I said, I was trying to be helpful and thought it was kinda bad to get all “is it really that complicated” on my ass.

As far as not reading your op very closely…guilty as charged. Still, you could have ignored the advice if it wasn’t what you were looking for.

I certainly do not think Jewel (I think that you are referring to the recording artist) is bomb. I can’t even remember what stupid song she sang. I would also never use “bomb” in its adjectival sense.

Also, no I have never made 30+ threatening phone calls to my ex-boyfriend because I’ve never had an ex-boyfriend or any boyfriend for that matter.

I’m a (straight) dude. 

Trancer

• Sr. Citizen
  • Conan the Republican!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2005, 09:54:36 AM »
Westlaw has a free dictionary (well free to lawstudents if your school provides you with a personal account).
Its not the size of the army that counts, its the fury of the onslaught.
Seton Hall, August 05

mudcat

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2005, 12:41:07 PM »
you're joking... right??!?

_retired_

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2005, 12:42:29 PM »
yup, he's just f-ing with ya.

actually, there is no such thing as Westlaw

Trancer

• Sr. Citizen
  • Conan the Republican!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2005, 03:44:15 PM »
no, im not joking
Its not the size of the army that counts, its the fury of the onslaught.
Seton Hall, August 05