Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: what's up with law school relationships?  (Read 3379 times)

zaphod

• worst dressed sentient being in the galaxy
    • View Profile
Re: what's up with law school relationships?
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2005, 12:32:21 PM »
Blackcar, if you're a cute punk rock girl i say drop the losser, are you in new york, we can discuss this further listening to some jawbreaker and over a beer.

You seem like a fun guy, but comments about "cute punk rock girls" should really be on a high school forum ;)
Don't Panic

dkast

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2005, 01:37:36 PM »
Blackcar, if you're a cute punk rock girl i say drop the losser, are you in new york, we can discuss this further listening to some jawbreaker and over a beer.

You seem like a fun guy, but comments about "cute punk rock girls" should really be on a high school forum ;)

Yes you are right in a sense; however, we must consider the origin of the quote and its relevance to this board. 

"Cute punk rock girls" was first cited by another poster regarding the lack of such entities in law school and their relationship to the alleged prevalence of snobby a-holes.

Now with this being established, I would argue that comments regarding cute punk rock girls, hereinafter ARE permissible on this board.

Also they are permissible in law school and any other arena they would like to frequent.

This is ONLY applicable to cute punk rock girls, with a major emphasis on the CUTE element of the comment.

Thank you and have a good day.

Decided August 28th 2005.

PS.  *&^% its already the 28th, I have to send in my rent check.

zaphod

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2005, 02:19:13 PM »

Yes you are right in a sense; however, we must consider the origin of the quote and its relevance to this board. 

"Cute punk rock girls" was first cited by another poster regarding the lack of such entities in law school and their relationship to the alleged prevalence of snobby a-holes.

Now with this being established, I would argue that comments regarding cute punk rock girls, hereinafter ARE permissible on this board.

Also they are permissible in law school and any other arena they would like to frequent.

This is ONLY applicable to cute punk rock girls, with a major emphasis on the CUTE element of the comment.

Thank you and have a good day.

Decided August 28th 2005.

PS.  *&^% its already the 28th, I have to send in my rent check.

So, you're a 1L?  ;)
Don't Panic

dkast

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2005, 03:06:29 PM »
If you are in a position where you can say this with a straight face, apparently you've never had to figure out a "simple matter" like the state of a relationship.  I haven't met a legal issue as complicated as making a relationship work. 

I'm dating this swedish chick right now, she's in sweden currently visiting her family so its going pretty well ;).  In all seriousness though, this goes back to the cute punk rock chick standpoint. Cute punk rock girls dont partake in this aspect of the womens need to be dependent on her boyfriend for all those little bull issues. If you're honest and tell your partner exactly how you feel in ever aspect of the relationship its really simple.

I have had situations where this wasnt the case and ends up with me leaving the dinner table saying something to the effect, i dont need this *&^%, i.e., when a girl started telling me what I "need" to do.  You just need to find one that doesnt do that, is ok with you making your own decisions, and loves the decisions you make.  Again honesty in what you both expect out of the relationship is key.

It seems that people dont know what they expect from their partner causing too many misunderstandings and arguments.

zaphod

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2005, 06:58:30 PM »
If you are in a position where you can say this with a straight face, apparently you've never had to figure out a "simple matter" like the state of a relationship.  I haven't met a legal issue as complicated as making a relationship work. 

I'm dating this swedish chick right now, she's in sweden currently visiting her family so its going pretty well ;).  In all seriousness though, this goes back to the cute punk rock chick standpoint. Cute punk rock girls dont partake in this aspect of the womens need to be dependent on her boyfriend for all those little bull issues. If you're honest and tell your partner exactly how you feel in ever aspect of the relationship its really simple.

I have had situations where this wasnt the case and ends up with me leaving the dinner table saying something to the effect, i dont need this *&^%, i.e., when a girl started telling me what I "need" to do.  You just need to find one that doesnt do that, is ok with you making your own decisions, and loves the decisions you make.  Again honesty in what you both expect out of the relationship is key.

It seems that people dont know what they expect from their partner causing too many misunderstandings and arguments.

What it really comes back to is you making a sweeping statement like "if you can't handle a something simple like a relationship, you can't handle complex legal issues", which is simply laughable.  I have no idea how what you just said clarifies that in any way.
Don't Panic

dkast

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2005, 07:07:11 PM »
Whatever man

zaphod

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2005, 12:06:59 AM »
Whatever man

Did you dock me an oh-so-valuable rep point?  :P
Don't Panic

dkast

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2005, 01:39:39 AM »
lol i gave it back...i'll give you a few more as well later.

The banter back and forth has been entertaining.

What school are you in?

lincolnsgrandson

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2005, 09:11:23 AM »
It's more about how strong your relationship is, then how demanding law school is. 

By the end of the first year, any young (i.e. straight of college) relationships were over.  Anyone in strong, well-established relationships got engaged that year or the next.  And some of us already got married.

batdown

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2005, 09:44:43 AM »
I'm really worried about my relationship once I go to law school. I feel like I cant do a long distance relationship, and I dont think she'll be able to move with me. we've been dating a year, i dont know if its going to work out. i feel really crappy about this