Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: are your classmates snobby a**holes?  (Read 17502 times)

vaplaugh

Re: are your classmates snobby a**holes?
« Reply #100 on: May 14, 2007, 09:40:26 PM »
tag

gershonw

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 15, 2007, 03:53:35 AM »
loki13-
after going back to read all your posts on this side of the board i have to say

1.  you are one of the most intelligent and hilarious humna beings ive ever met but..
2.  the joke of dowie cheatem and howe..is a rip of of jonny carsson's dewy suem and howe.

and ask you

1.  did you really experience people trying to rip pages out of library books or study guides..or are you just being you?
2.  what happened in civil procedure that made you so bitter about it?

ps..your picture is so you...i hope you dont actually smoke though...would decrese the amount of years you have left to entertain me

loki13

• Sr. Citizen
  • Exterminate all rational thought.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 16, 2007, 10:53:07 AM »
Gershonw,

In reply,

1. It is always refreshing to see that my brilliance recognized. As the waves of adulation grow, I intend to submit my body of posting work to a jury of my peers for review (well, I'll call them 'peers', but we both know they're not quite peers, right?) in hopes of overturning my school's moribund academic policies. Surely I should not be subject to such trivialities as 'exams' and 'classes' and 'knowing what the law is' in order to get my JD, right? I attempted to explain this to a Professor recently, and he started blathering on... something about 'meritocracy' (I think he also said 'doctrinal' and 'normative' and 'dispositive' but he says that in every conversation)...

2. I would never steal from the dearly departed Johnny Carson. I steal my jokes from Car Talk.

3. I can neither confirm nor deny other students ripping out the pages of library books and/or study guides at my fine institution of higher learning. This is because I have not, in fact, confirmed we have a library*. I have been attempting to learn all my black-letter law from the new "Illustrated Manga Guide to Robot Law."

*There is a large building on our law school campus that I see students go into at all hours... but the presence of the many disco balls I can see in the windows and the odor of patchoulli would seem contra-indicative of a studious purpose.

4. CivPro? I *love* me some CivPro! Reminded me of one of my favorite scenes in Pulp Fiction:
"What now? Let me tell you what now. I'ma call a coupla hard, pipe-hittin' lawyers, who'll go to work on the homes here with Federal Interpleader Statute. You hear me talkin', hillbilly boy? I ain't through with you by a damn sight. I'ma get medieval on your a$$ with Nationwide Service of Process!"

gershonw

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 16, 2007, 11:11:48 AM »
heh

Gwiz

• Sr. Citizen
  • Can't Touch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 16, 2007, 11:27:19 AM »
Gershonw,

In reply,

1. It is always refreshing to see that my brilliance recognized. As the waves of adulation grow, I intend to submit my body of posting work to a jury of my peers for review (well, I'll call them 'peers', but we both know they're not quite peers, right?) in hopes of overturning my school's moribund academic policies. Surely I should not be subject to such trivialities as 'exams' and 'classes' and 'knowing what the law is' in order to get my JD, right? I attempted to explain this to a Professor recently, and he started blathering on... something about 'meritocracy' (I think he also said 'doctrinal' and 'normative' and 'dispositive' but he says that in every conversation)...

2. I would never steal from the dearly departed Johnny Carson. I steal my jokes from Car Talk.

3. I can neither confirm nor deny other students ripping out the pages of library books and/or study guides at my fine institution of higher learning. This is because I have not, in fact, confirmed we have a library*. I have been attempting to learn all my black-letter law from the new "Illustrated Manga Guide to Robot Law."

*There is a large building on our law school campus that I see students go into at all hours... but the presence of the many disco balls I can see in the windows and the odor of patchoulli would seem contra-indicative of a studious purpose.

4. CivPro? I *love* me some CivPro! Reminded me of one of my favorite scenes in Pulp Fiction:
"What now? Let me tell you what now. I'ma call a coupla hard, pipe-hittin' lawyers, who'll go to work on the homes here with Federal Interpleader Statute. You hear me talkin', hillbilly boy? I ain't through with you by a d**mn sight. I'ma get medieval on your a$$ with Nationwide Service of Process!"

Amusing
I wanna be a gunner when I grow up.

CStoJD2010

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 18, 2007, 10:31:16 AM »
After reading this thread, I think it's safe to say the answer is yes, and that you people are no better than those you're ridiculing. 

Weezer1223

« Reply #106 on: May 18, 2007, 06:10:57 PM »
I thought most of my class mates were actually pretty cool. Tulsa has a pretty laid back atmosphere, which is good, because I'm a laid back kind of guy.

pistolpete23

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 18, 2007, 11:37:00 PM »

I must concur with the fellow from SMU.

But please understand that douchy Jersey kids are in a class of their own.  What the f*** is wrong with these kids?  I've never met such neurotic, self-absorbed people in my life...

I guess it comes with the territory

Consideration

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 21, 2007, 11:22:30 AM »
I still do not get what is wrong with dressing professionally for class? If that is your thing do it, no one said the rest of you have to wear a tie.

scdramaqueen

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 22, 2007, 12:00:28 AM »
Ok now less worried about the classes in the fall and more worried about the fellow students.