Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: are your classmates snobby a**holes?  (Read 17112 times)

RoniDeutch

• View Profile
    • Email
are your classmates snobby a**holes?
« on: August 25, 2005, 07:31:54 PM »
I just finished my first week as a 1L and the stereotype of bitchy, snobby law students is true. i have the privlege of listening to one girl complain about how her father bought her an audi instead of a BMW. i am fortunate, however to be near such godlike geniuses. another classmate of mine is "not at all" concerned about a 4 hour comprehensive final for one of our courses. he is "very well prepared". another girl rudely yelled at a professor b/c he chose her to explain a case in our reading. she said "im not answering any questions today and if you continue, i will walk out of the class!". it is difficult and saddening to think that these people will be in a very important position of power, if they graduate. then there are the cliques. it took only one week for the high school-like cliques to form. i am really enjoying the academic aspect of LS, but am disgusted about the social aspects. is anyone else feeling this way?

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: are your classmates snobby a**holes?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2005, 07:45:04 PM »
Uh...what school do you go to?

I hope you're exaggerating, because if you're not, that really sucks.   :(

My classmates are all really awesome so far.  Everyone been really friendly and hopefully things will stay that way for the most part.

YankyKitten

• Take time and smell the flowers
    • AOL Instant Messenger - yankykitten
    • View Profile
    • LSN Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2005, 07:54:16 PM »
Yes, I have a few that tell me, "I'm not really finding this difficult at all."  Oh... did I ask?  ???  I have also heard, "the readings only take me about an hour"... really, I don't see you raising your hand to brief a case.

As for the girl who recieved an Audi... you should ask her why doesn't she buy her own beamer?  I'd love to see the look on her face...
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=YankyKitten178

"The great pleasure in life is doing what others say you cannot."

SassDiva2000

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2005, 08:05:33 PM »
Don't believe everything anyone tells you. There was one guy during my first year who always had an answer for everything and was "never worried about an exam." He's not at the top of his class either.

Don't let it phase you.

RoniDeutch

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2005, 08:16:14 PM »
im not exaggerating...seriously. i went into this with a very optimisitic attitude and boy was i wrong. i just hope they all go down in a blaze of glory. its amazing how arrogant and cocky some people can be.

niki1244

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2005, 09:05:11 PM »
Yikes!  I am sorry you are having such a crappy experience with your classmates.

Save for a few of my classmates, most have proven to be nice, friendly and sane.  The few that I can't stand either always have something to say and, of course, always say it with the tone of voice that says, "I know what I am saying is right," talk about their UG fraternity and are so impressed with themselves for the amount of drinking they did and still do or just naturally grate on my nerves.  I have befriended a few people that seem to be solid citizens and just ignore the rest. 

sharmaine73

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2005, 01:03:33 AM »
I've only been in school one day but so far everyone seems really nice.  People are trying really hard to be friendly and make friends.  I met a few really cool people today.

dbgirl

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2005, 01:49:30 AM »
My classmates for the most part are really fun.
BUT I definitely see some resemblance between law school and high school.
When you have somebody dying because they are poor and black or poor and white or because of whatever they are ... that erases everything that's great about this country.

-TMcGraw

http://www.wm3.org/splash.php

plutoeyore

• Sr. Citizen
  • My four babies and my reason for everything!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2005, 02:51:02 AM »
So far so good!  Everyone is normal ... but i am in the p/t program so the age range and maturity level are a bit higher....
Stats:  Berkeley GPA 3.53(3.54), LSAT 156
Attending:  Golden Gate(p/t)
Ding: Santa Clara University

JD_MSA

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2005, 07:51:17 AM »
it is difficult and saddening to think that these people will be in a very important position of power, if they graduate.

I think you hit the nail on the head right there.