Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Jawbreaker the best band ever-Not Realated to Law School (NRLS)  (Read 1213 times)

dkast

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Jawbreaker the best band ever-Not Realated to Law School (NRLS)
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2005, 09:16:46 PM »
Ok just figured i'd dust off orange rhyming dictionary as well as listen to some songs i downloaded from the other albums after studying civ pro for a few hours.

A nice cold beer and JTB is great.

Wish i had time to play my guitar again.

Schwartzenbach is very talented.

No hot "emo" girls in my school..there is one girl who has short blonde hair reminiscent of the style of punk rock shows back in 97 though i dont believe she satisfies the elements of the Restatement stipulated below.

Restatement (2nd) of Cute Punk Rock Girls:

A girl is a Cute Punk Rock girl if she:
(a) has short hair, were short is determined by shoulder length or above shoulder length and;
(b) when expressing her distain for a situation snarls in a manner that still maintains her feminine attributes and;
(c) expresses her true self disregarding the consequences of said action in its application to the norms of society.

Feel free to amend or add to the aforementioned Restatement for submittal to the ALI.

Thank you and have a good day.

"King Medicine, when is it perfect...where is it leading you...there is no cure,,,only reprieve, some fleeting joy...wasn’t as balanced...nothing is sure...king medicine...this subject loves you."

good job blake.

dkast

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2005, 09:35:34 PM »
jets to brazil broke up you guys.

i just checked Jade Tree you may be right it states "JTB [ 1997 - 2003 ]"

that was 2 years ago...hmmm i;m just going to buy the full ablums.

Is blake doing any other projects or did he retire?

anner

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2005, 09:44:58 PM »
Blake might as well quit...
despite my undying love for blake's genius during the jawbreaker era (and the first album of JTB- which was pretty much leftover Jawbreaker stuff and explains why it kicked so much arse), he got soft and I SWEAR he found jesus...

which sort of freaks me out.

After i heard the second album i kinda lost a lot of respect for him, as did a lot of the other fans from what i can tell.

It was almost time for them to break up in a way.  Hopefully he will come back to the dark side, stop writing songs with underlying jesus themes, and whoop some indie ass again in the near future.
big. fat. manly.

dkast

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2005, 10:08:23 PM »
Blake might as well quit...
despite my undying love for blake's genius during the jawbreaker era (and the first album of JTB- which was pretty much leftover Jawbreaker stuff and explains why it kicked so much arse), he got soft and I SWEAR he found jesus...

which sort of freaks me out.

After i heard the second album i kinda lost a lot of respect for him, as did a lot of the other fans from what i can tell.

It was almost time for them to break up in a way.  Hopefully he will come back to the dark side, stop writing songs with underlying jesus themes, and whoop some indie ass again in the near future.

Lets take it as a given that blake has "found" jesus.

You can not take it away from him, or his bands, that he has exhibited an incredible talent to express himself via his music.

Now i can't hypothesis what Blake's intention may have been in each individual song though I am aware of his talent musically and creatively.

This is a very important distinction, the entire point of music is an endeavor in which one attempts to express his/her thoughts, ideals, emotions via a creative a media.

It is analogous to the "expression" Judges partake in when they analyze the law.  When rendering a decision  their opinion is an expression of their thoughts.

It is the talent and it is the MEANS of the expression which is paramount.

He was in his early 20's in Jawbreaker....i'm in my late 20's now,  my thoughts may have not changed to an extent which you have defined Blake's change regarding music from whooping "indie ass" music to late JTB music.

I just think you should focus on the expression and how it is manifested, not the subject matter.

The foundations of the expression and the method are very similar in jawbreaker and his work in JTB.