Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Question about Legalines and similar aids keyed to specific casebooks  (Read 889 times)

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
I can't find any canned briefs that are keyed to either my Torts or Contracts casebooks.  Would it still be a worthwhile purchase to buy a volume keyed to a different casebook?  I know that it wouldn't be perfect, but many books use all the same cases but somewhat differing orders, or is this an incorrect assumption on my part?

Any advice suggestions about what to do?  Thanks in advance!

rapunzel

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Question about Legalines and similar aids keyed to specific casebooks
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2005, 04:40:57 PM »
Argh, the bastard prof that did that to you.  I think I would borrow a friends an zerox out only what cases did overlap.

btideroll

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2005, 05:09:19 PM »
I can't find any canned briefs that are keyed to either my Torts or Contracts casebooks.  Would it still be a worthwhile purchase to buy a volume keyed to a different casebook?  I know that it wouldn't be perfect, but many books use all the same cases but somewhat differing orders, or is this an incorrect assumption on my part?

I feel you on that one. My torts doesn't have any canned brief. Property is also hard to find (I think MABYE Casenotes makes one). I wish I could just get high court for all of them though! I don't know why my profs shewed away from the most popular(and best) casebooks! No dressler...no dukminier...no calamari....no prosser

:(

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2005, 05:31:03 PM »
At least my CivPro prof made it easy.  I think I may just have to sit down in the middle of the aisle of the bookstore, and flip through the canned briefs and hopefully find one that matches pretty closely.  If I can't find one, I'll probably do what rapunzel suggests.

Hopefully next semester Crim and Property will be a bit more cooperative in terms of casebooks.  >:(

lincolnsgrandson

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2005, 09:38:41 PM »
contracts casebooks can be completely different, and tort cases might vary quite a bit.  I don't think the legallines will help you out that much. But the principles ought to be the same, so do get the commercial outlines. 

It is a pity when your professor picks a seldom-used casebook.  It makes it harder to sell at the end of the year.

dft

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2005, 11:33:14 PM »

not to sound like an advertisement, but you may want to try RomLaw. its only $40 and it has  briefs keyed to like every major casebook for a bunch of classes (including "the big six courses").

http://www.romlawonline.com/