Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: orientation questions  (Read 3241 times)

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: orientation questions
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2005, 08:57:41 PM »
For Orientation, I might call and check to see if you haven't missed something.  At Emory, the first day is casual, which is basically wear whatever you want.  Second day they specifically said "business formal (aka a suit)."  We have photos taken for the facebook and are sworn into the law school.  Each school is different, I'd imagine, and many don't require a suit at all.

As for once classes start, it seems pretty universal that you wear whatever you're most comfortable in.  If you like dressing nice, then do it.  If you want to wear jeans/short and flip flops, then go for it.  I, for one, plan on pulling out my hooded sweatshirts once it gets cooler here.

JD_MSA

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2005, 11:31:32 AM »
How about a suit with flip-flops?  That would be dope.

I do that all the time if I work and have class on the same day.  I just carry my stupid uncomfortable heels with me and put them on right before I go to work. 

It looks especially nice with a skirt suit.   :D

eray01

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2005, 06:14:11 PM »
I don;t understand your quote "if you smoke, why bath"

Shed some light on this.

Thanks

It's a reference to how cigarettes cause you to stink. I'm a former smoker who quit. I try to get other people to quit, but I found that coddling encouragement doesn't overcome a nicotine addiction. I know what it's like to be addicted to those things. So, I'm trying the tough love thing by just giving people my real take on the the habit. I never knew how bad I stunk until I quit and smelled other people.

dkast

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2005, 01:40:54 AM »
I need to quit myself.

Though now that I have started law school i'm smoking a bit more from a pack to a pack and 1/2 per day.  Mostly because i'm reading all the time. I dont know if it was the case with you but whenever I read or study I tend to smoke alot more.

Well you "stink" of cigarettes. 

If you dont bath and you are a smoker you will smell of cigarettes along with numberous other smells.

eray01

« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2005, 01:54:53 PM »
I totally understand the study and smoke thing. That, along with smoking after a meal, was one of the hardest things to give up. It seemed to stimulate my thinking and provide a quick relaxing break. Smoking and writing papers seemed to go together real well. Frankly, I've been concerned that since I'm bsck in school I might be drawn into smoking again, no pun intended. It's like the addiction never fully goes away.