Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: First day of orientation...  (Read 6875 times)

Texan29

• Sr. Citizen
  • Texas Tech Law Bound!!!
    • View Profile
First day of orientation...
« on: August 15, 2005, 03:34:56 PM »
Hey guys, I want to take a poll of us and figure out what all you'll be bringing with you the first day of orientation tomorrow. I'm not sure if I should hassle with books or laptops or whatnot. What are you guys planning on and I'll do the same?
Texas Tech Law: We don't just pass the bar, we practically live there!

Texas

• Sr. Citizen
  • Where's the library?
    • View Profile
Re: First day of orientation...
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2005, 04:13:58 PM »
Hey guys, I want to take a poll of us and figure out what all you'll be bringing with you the first day of orientation tomorrow. I'm not sure if I should hassle with books or laptops or whatnot. What are you guys planning on and I'll do the same?

Planning on just a 3 ring notebook...but I'm willing to listen to ideas from others on this...

ALSO - FOR THOSE WAITING ON STUDENT AID DEPOSITS -

I went to the student business office, they said deposits were sent out on the 13th, but they won't post until the 16th...I think Rob had heard the same thing - but when no money was in the account today I thought I would double check...

Aron

utsassy

• AOL Instant Messenger - utsassy22
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2005, 05:56:01 PM »
I think I will just take a notebook and something to write with.  We're going to have to walk to and from the business school, so I don't want to pack a bunch of crap around.  I guess if we need to take our laptops, then I will do it the rest of the week.  I don't think there is any need to take your books, considering we weren't supposed to have bought them yet anyways.  I already bought mine too.  I was talking to some of the professors today, and they mentioned the possibility of sections still being changed around and that's why they tell people not to buy books.  I hope my section doesn't get changed, but I kept my receipt......

golfergirl

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - amberwavesofgrain
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2005, 06:24:43 PM »
Yep,

Think I'll kick the ol' backpack with just a notepad and a pen or two.  Anybody planning on parking in commuter-west and hoofing it? Or should I plan to park near the b-school?

Amber

utsassy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2005, 07:02:01 PM »
They told us today at the HLSA clinic that the law school arranged for us to park in R-21 for the rest of the week without a permit.  That it is if you are lucky enough to get a spot.... I would get there early if you want to park there.  Either way you will still have a walk to the Business School.  I hope it doesn't rain  :-[

Texas

• Sr. Citizen
  • Where's the library?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2005, 08:56:15 PM »
Just read that orientation doesn't start till noon - with lunch (though we should arrive earlier - I'm shooting for around 11ish).

I wanted to get an early start - oh well...

utsassy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2005, 09:19:13 PM »
Yeah I am going to try and get my student ID before orientation starts tomorrow.

Texan29

• Sr. Citizen
  • Texas Tech Law Bound!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2005, 09:35:20 PM »
Ok, I'm lazy and i don't want to tear through all my boxes to find my orientation papers, anyone want to review the significant details, i.e. when, where, who, what?
Texas Tech Law: We don't just pass the bar, we practically live there!

istlln348

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2005, 01:45:58 AM »
My refund, or at least 2400 of it anyway, has arrived in my bank of america account.  Just letting you guys know. 

Texas

• Sr. Citizen
  • Where's the library?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2005, 08:57:48 AM »
Ok, I'm lazy and i don't want to tear through all my boxes to find my orientation papers, anyone want to review the significant details, i.e. when, where, who, what?

Start time - noon at the rotunda on the 1st floor of the the Rawls College of Business Administration (it is recommended to arrive between 11:15 and 11:30 to park and walk to the building).

Parking - either R-21 or Z-4 (but you need to have your parking decal affixed to windshield)

We start with a lunch, and then orientation lasts till around 4pm...