Greeting 2Ls, 3Ls, and Grads.
I have done a good amount of research into studying and exam taking including, PLS II, LEEWS, and every message board I can find. Based on all this, this is what I have come up with as a plan of attack for the first year.
Do you see this being excessive, unproductive, not enough? Anything seem to you like it would be an outright waste of time? Do my priorities seem appropriate (I have my plan listed the order I believe ranks importance as related to cases)? In the midst of all this, at least weekly, I will build an outline and work old exams as the semester draws to a close.
When I get a case:
1) Go immediately to a commercial outline for the BLL, and any accompanying canned briefs.
2) Go to the E&E Primers for the relevant topic. Do chapter(s) and answer questions. Expect this exercise to be time consuming.
3) Perform a LEEWS style brief.
a) vary the fact pattern
b) test the BLL and reasoning
• Again, this will be time consuming.
4) Go to the Restatements on point.
a) work the hypo’s posed
If things are still unclear…
5) Use Hornbooks in library
To those of you familier with the texts I listed, this is basically a combination of PLS and LEEWS approach. They do not differ that much.
Thank you in advance for any insight and experience you might be willing to share.