Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 1st A! :)  (Read 931 times)

mstiger

• View Profile
1st A! :)
« on: August 13, 2005, 03:24:25 PM »
Just wanted to brag.  I got my 1st A in law school this summer (I am a rising 2L) in FL Civ Pro.  My toes won't be touching the ground anytime soon . . . :)

btideroll

• View Profile
Re: 1st A! :)
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2005, 06:01:17 PM »
grats! What methodology did you employ for the exams? (IE. Delaney, getting to maybe, Leews, your own?)

Hope there are more A's in your future!

http://cacheofreason.blogspot.com

Burning Sands

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2005, 10:37:16 AM »
that's huge.  congrats
Burning Sands

chaser

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2005, 08:13:08 PM »
Way to go!
"Civilization is the process of reducing the infinite to the finite."  Oliver Wendell Holmes

mstiger

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2005, 11:56:44 AM »
grats! What methodology did you employ for the exams? (IE. Delaney, getting to maybe, Leews, your own?)

Hope there are more A's in your future!

http://cacheofreason.blogspot.com

Thanks, I am not really sure what happened.  The one thing that I did differently from my previous semesters is that I didn't make an outline.  I think it's because my notes are generally in outline format anyway and whenever I try to make an outline again, I end up reducing my notes so much that I may be cutting out some important details.  The only thing I did was review my notes and highlight important parts from each case/section.

Also, I spoke with the professor about my previous grades (I've had her before), and saw that b/c I was so time-pressured, I wouldn't read the question carefully, so this time, I made sure to read the question twice before answering.

I was also a lot more relaxed this time which helped.  During the first two semesters, I was really stressed, so I think I will just try to relax more.