Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Schedules  (Read 8033 times)

swimmy

• View Profile
Re: Schedules
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2005, 07:09:27 PM »
Potbelly's would be the easiest, although I don't know much about the atmosphere there.

ACore

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - atomcore
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2005, 07:44:16 PM »
I drove by it today. It looks like a hole in the wall from the outside,its on College avenue in the middle of Frat Row. There are a few other options. Po Boys is casual and has pretty good food. It's also on College Avenue, about half a mile from the law school. There is also the Tallahassee Ale House which is on Appalachie. I have never been to that particular alehouse, but I used to frequent one in Miami fairly often. The food is alright and they have a decent drink selection. Either way, I'm game for whatever. It'll be nice to get out of the apartment and meet a few people.
Attending: FSU
In: FIU, FSU, Syracuse 
Waitlisted: UM, Penn State
Rejected: Pitt, Stetson

southbound

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2005, 08:13:09 PM »
I've never seen Potbelly's or those other places but from what ACore says those other places sound better than a hole in the wall.

Shardik

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ignorance, the root and the stem of every evil.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2005, 08:34:20 PM »
yeah, i'm for somewhere other than Potbellys.  That Ale house sounds like it may be good.

swimmy

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2005, 08:50:20 PM »
There is another place I've driven by a few times.  Its in that little neighborhood between where the law school is and monroe street.  I'll drive by sometime tonight to get a name.  I've driven by a couple times and people were all sitting outside around tables on a big open air patio.  It looked like a cool place to me.  But I'll go with whatever everyone else chooses. 

-Swimmy

jamieb131

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2005, 09:04:22 PM »
I haven't been to any of these places either, but I also used to go to the Ale House in Gainesville and it was pretty good... good food and drinks and there was enough room for people to sit and talk.

I'll go along with whatever everyone else chooses though. I do not live by the law school though, so if you all choose somewhere over there I could use some information on where to park!

Shardik

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ignorance, the root and the stem of every evil.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: August 14, 2005, 09:09:30 PM »
swimmy, acore...you guys seem to have the best read on some places in Tallahassee so i say we let you choose one.  Or we could choose a meeting place (like the school) and pick somewhere from there.  Either way, where we go is not all that important.  Relaxing and making some new friends is. 

southbound

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2005, 09:17:43 PM »
how true...I agree we should let swimmy or acore choose or tomorrow night will roll around and we still won't know where we want to go.

ACore

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - atomcore
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2005, 10:17:41 PM »
Well I had some jambalaya from Po' Boys for dinner tonight, so I'm leaning towards the Ale House tomorrow. We should probably meet in front of the Law School Rotunda around 7ish. It's a central location and everyone on here should know it is. After maybe 10 minutes or so, we'll head out to the Alehouse.

Sound good to everyone else?
Attending: FSU
In: FIU, FSU, Syracuse 
Waitlisted: UM, Penn State
Rejected: Pitt, Stetson

swimmy

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 14, 2005, 10:34:35 PM »
Sounds good to me...I think the alehouse is our best bet.  The place I was thinking of is called Andrew's Capital Bar & Grill, its on the corner of Adams and Jefferson, just in case anyone was wondering for future recreation.  It was closed when I drove by anyway.