Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: CA bar -- how much Con Law is on it??  (Read 558 times)

lawdude

• View Profile
CA bar -- how much Con Law is on it??
« on: August 07, 2005, 12:11:14 AM »
Does it include 1st Amend, civil rights law, etc? 

Also, does anybody know what the performance test format is usually (client letter, closing argument, discovery plan and interrogatories, memo, trial brief, etc)?  Do you think it is helpful to take b.s. classes like pre-trial adv, just so I write legal documents such as these?

I am taking it in July 06, but am curious now, as my friends who took it said it was pretty aweful!

Southwestern2L

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: CA bar -- how much Con Law is on it??
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2005, 03:41:51 AM »
It looks like the bar likes to put in an essay question for con law pretty often. I don't see any particular pattern of topics that emerges, so expect anything you learned to be on there.

The performance test similarly seems to run the gamut. I've seen past exams that wanted letters to opposing parties. I've also heard of ones where you write an appellate brief. I'm not sure about the "bs" classes you refer to; I'm sure a pre-trial adv class could be helpful in the long run, not just on the bar. I'm also pretty sure that if you were paying attention for 3 years, there shouldn't be any surprises on the bar! :D

lawdude

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2005, 05:06:00 PM »
Thanks for your advice Southwestern2L!  I enjoy con law, so I am actually grateful that the CA bar has it so often.

thinkerbox77

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2005, 01:18:25 PM »
ATTENTION BAR EXAM TAKERS

In order to pass any state Bar Exam, you must have really good outlines for all subjects. I made mine and passed it in my first try. My outlines were so good that many have asked for it and results were great for them as well. Therefore, I have decided to help other law students who wishes to pass CA Bar at once by selling them. Each outline consists of two parts: 1) Very Detailed BARBRI Lecture notes, and 2) Short, Must Know For Exam Outlines. Each outline also includes hot topics that are frequently tested on CA Bar Exam.

If you can*t afford to take BARBRI or PMBR, at least help yourself by getting really detailed outlines. I have a few students who passed the CA Bar exam without taking Barbri nor PMBR. All they did was study with my outlines and do many practice exams. 

BAR OUTLINES PACKAGE: $50

For $50, you can*t afford to pass this opportunity to get away. I f you like to get your sample outline or to purchase, please e-mail me: thinkerbox77@yahoo.com

It is never too early to start preparing for February Bar Exam. Get your outlines today.

If you are not a bar exam taker, but want to purchase individual outlines, please visit http://tigerwater25.tradebit.com and click on Misc. Each outline sells for $9.99. You won*t regret it. Be on top of your class.