Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How Hard To Transfer to T14?  (Read 3906 times)

3ML

• View Profile
    • Email
How Hard To Transfer to T14?
« on: August 03, 2005, 11:06:18 PM »
How hard would it be to transfer to Boalt? I would really like to go to Boalt, but they're GPA whores and my GPA is not impressive. My LSAT is more that strong enough to get in to a good school, so if I were to go to say UC-Hastings, how hard would it be to transfer to Boalt after 1L?

Generally to get into a T14 school (other than Harvard, Stanford, Yale which would be impossible) I will need to be top 10% at a tier 1 school and be on law review? Is that how it will work?

garfunkle

• View Profile
Re: How Hard To Transfer to T14?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2005, 01:41:28 AM »
How hard would it be to transfer to Boalt? I would really like to go to Boalt, but they're GPA whores and my GPA is not impressive. My LSAT is more that strong enough to get in to a good school, so if I were to go to say UC-Hastings, how hard would it be to transfer to Boalt after 1L?

Generally to get into a T14 school (other than Harvard, Stanford, Yale which would be impossible) I will need to be top 10% at a tier 1 school and be on law review? Is that how it will work?

I am a 3rd year lawschool student at harvard.  I transferred from Cooley.  Although, Cooley was a 4th tier lawschool, my 4.0gpa and law journal staus, along with good recommendations, got me into Harvard.

If you try then you might get in too.

lawgirl

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2005, 07:26:13 PM »
Mentioning the journal was a nice touch.  ::)

Krisace

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2005, 01:49:33 AM »
One idea is #15 UCLA.  They took about 30 transfers this year, and normally do so.  People in the top 10% of their class from a tier two and perhaps a good tier three have a very good shot, more than one might expect on their first year requirements.

Contract2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2005, 05:48:29 PM »
Because of this article, more people might try to transfer.  It might have made it much harder now.

there's actually a good article on transferring in this years issue of the us news grad school rankings. i believe they mentioned columbia and georgetown as a couple top schools that accepted record numbers of transfer students last year.

i get a feeling that it's now getting easier to transfer than in the past...