Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 2L study guide suggestions, Please help  (Read 969 times)

Janna116

• View Profile
2L study guide suggestions, Please help
« on: August 02, 2005, 12:45:55 AM »
I am taking Federal Income Tax this fall as a pre-req for a class that I am taking in the spring.  Anyway, math is not my strong suit so I'm assuming Accounting or anything tax related won't be either.  I want to get a tax study book early and read before class starts so it'll be a fair fight between me and the Econ and Accounting majors, I'm imagining, are in my class. 

Can anyone recomend a good Federal Income Tax study aid?  And while I'm at it, what about:

Real Property Security
Evidence
Debtor/Creditor (Bankruptcy)
Banking Law
Secured Transactions
Law & Economics
Administrative Law

There's a lot on 1L study guide recomendations but I didn't see a whole lot for upper level classes.  I'm really looking to see if there is a particular book etc... that everyone loves or hates.  *If you're wondering about my class load we register for a year at a time and if I see a good deal on a recomended book I'd like to go ahead and buy it, so I've listed most of my fall and spring classes. 

Thanks in advance,
Jen

**I posted this over in the General Board but I wasn't getting any responses so I thought I'd try it over here.;D
It is never too late to be what you might have been. - George Eliot

lincolnsgrandson

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 2L study guide suggestions, Please help
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2005, 09:08:15 AM »
Evidence:
Many students like Examples and Explanations for Evidence.  A friend of mine thought it was unhelpful, so he studied without it and and got an A.
There are a couple of good books with practice multiple choice questions, which are generally helpful because most evidence exams are multiple choice.  Make sure you get one as updated as possible, because the Supreme Court's Crawford decision changes the analysis on some of these answers (on a related note, when you cover the confrontation, read Crawford first).  If it's not updated for Crawford, make sure you keep that decision in mind when you answer hearsay questions. 
I don't think the other commercial outlines are helpful for this class.

on a refreshing note, nothing you do in the upper level is as complicated as the most difficult things you did first year.

thinkerbox77

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: 2L study guide suggestions, Please help
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2005, 01:31:47 PM »
Make a good outline.
If you want to view a smaple outline, send me your request to thinkerbox77@yahoo.com
good luck