Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Federal Income Tax and other 2L Study Aids, Help  (Read 846 times)

Janna116

• View Profile
Federal Income Tax and other 2L Study Aids, Help
« on: August 01, 2005, 11:03:31 PM »
I am taking Federal Income Tax this fall as a pre-req for a class that I am taking in the spring.  Anyway, math is not my strong suit so I'm assuming Accounting or anything tax related won't be either.  I want to get a tax study book early and read before class starts so it'll be a fair fight between me and the Econ and Accounting majors, I'm imagining, are in my class. 

Can anyone recomend a good Federal Income Tax study aid?  And while I'm at it, what about:

Real Property Security
Evidence
Debtor/Creditor (Bankruptcy)
Banking Law
Secured Transactions
Law & Economics
Administrative Law

There's a lot on 1L study guide recomendations but I didn't see a whole lot for upper level classes.  I'm really looking to see if there is a particular book etc... that everyone loves or hates.  *If you're wondering about my class load we register for a year at a time and if I see a good deal on a recomended book I'd like to go ahead and buy it, so I've listed most of my fall and spring classes. 

Thanks in advance,
Jen
It is never too late to be what you might have been. - George Eliot

JD_MSA

• View Profile
Re: Federal Income Tax and other 2L Study Aids, Help
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2005, 09:30:39 AM »
I really liked Chirelstein's Federal Income Tax.  The E&E for tax is decent as well.    For Evidence, the Roadmap is good, but don't buy the E&E.  It's terrible.  Hope this helps!

Janna116

• View Profile
Re: Federal Income Tax and other 2L Study Aids, Help
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2005, 09:24:29 PM »
Anyone else have any suggestions?
It is never too late to be what you might have been. - George Eliot