Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Happy Hour, anyone??  (Read 4139 times)

hillzy

• View Profile
    • Email
Happy Hour, anyone??
« on: August 01, 2005, 09:07:21 PM »
I'm getting ready to start at Villanova Law in a few weeks.

I'm moving into my apartment in Bryn Mawr this weekend, so I'll have a few weeks there before we have orientation.

Is anyone interested in meeting up before the "first day of school" for a drink or something?  Maybe we could arrange some sort of happy hour for incoming 1L's.  I don't know a soul in our class, but if anyone does, we could get a group together...

Let me know if you're interested!

Largemonk

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Hour, anyone??
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2005, 04:57:50 PM »
I'm definitely interested. There had been some talk about this a couple of weeks ago.  The week just before the start of orientation would be a great time for that. I'm sporadically on this board, so if people want to do this, just post a time and place and I'll try to keep up to date.

Any ideas as to where to do it? Center City would be great for me. I think someone had mentioned Manyunk, which would also be a great place to do it.
158 (155+161)/3.1
Going to: Villanova
In:Rutgers-Camden $, Catholic, NYLS $, PSU $
WL: Cardozo, U MD, Brooklyn, St. John's
Out: American, BU, BC, UConn, Fordham, Georgetown PT, GW PT, Penn, Temple, George Mason, W&L
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=alexknagy

hillzy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2005, 06:37:59 PM »
Yay!  That's you and another person who emailed me!

Let's do it this way...if you're interested, send me an email, that way I can be sure to send everyone a message with the info.  My email address is (I'm sure this will look familiar) hleaman@law.villanova.edu.  We can also update this board with the info.

Maybe we could plan for the Thursday or Friday before orientation (19th or 20th).  I'm open for suggestions on places... I have heard great things about Manyunk.  I have friends in the area, so I'll ask them for ideas.  Is anyone actually from the immediate area?

Well, look forward to working with and meeting everyone!

-Hillorie Leaman
(hleaman@law.villanova.edu OR hillorie@optonline.net)

dividedsky

• Sr. Citizen
  • 160 LSAT, 2.73 UGPA
    • View Profile
    • all bisco all the time
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2005, 07:47:41 PM »
Yay!  That's you and another person who emailed me!

Let's do it this way...if you're interested, send me an email, that way I can be sure to send everyone a message with the info.  My email address is (I'm sure this will look familiar) hleaman@law.villanova.edu.  We can also update this board with the info.

Maybe we could plan for the Thursday or Friday before orientation (19th or 20th).  I'm open for suggestions on places... I have heard great things about Manyunk.  I have friends in the area, so I'll ask them for ideas.  Is anyone actually from the immediate area?

Well, look forward to working with and meeting everyone!

-Hillorie Leaman
(hleaman@law.villanova.edu OR hillorie@optonline.net)

I'm down.  I am especially for the Manayunk idea, but of course my opinion is a little biased 'since my new apt is walking distance from the Manayunk bars. (convenient...) Anyway if this is really happening, let me know.

Dmiller34

• AOL Instant Messenger - dmiller34
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2005, 05:33:40 PM »
I am a rising 2L at VLS... WELCOME!!! you guys have the right idea!!!!

hillzy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2005, 08:46:06 PM »
You should definitely join us!!!  Any suggestions on places to go?

What works better for everyone, Thursday the 18th or Friday the 19th?

Dmiller34

• AOL Instant Messenger - dmiller34
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2005, 07:24:15 AM »
oh come on BOTH! kidding... i can def. offer a few suggestions, did you want to stay in the Nova area or go to the city.
there arent many bars here in the Nova area, Kelly's is the current hot spot, it is right down lancaster ave in Bryn Mawr... The Wild Onion was where we all hung out at the beginning of last year and is also really close to school, i think it was a lot of fun... and Brownies 23 East is in Ardmore if you like live music, friday they also have a good happy hour.
in the city the possibilities are endless, i suggest Plough and the Stars and Mad River if you like fun bars and good drinks. (both in old city)

ahhh the wisdom of a 2L ... HA HA (this is what I learned last year)  ;)

ps my girls and i will try to make it!!