Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Got My 1L Schedule!  (Read 14992 times)

oneway

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Got My 1L Schedule!
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2005, 10:41:07 AM »
I'm afraid it's all true.  A friend of mine from undergrad had Crump for procedure her first year; he grilled her to the point that the class was openly laughing at her on the first day.  Her last name starts with L, so he either got pretty far alphabetically, or there weren't many in front of her.   

tacc731

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2005, 02:08:52 PM »
I'm afraid it's all true.  A friend of mine from undergrad had Crump for procedure her first year; he grilled her to the point that the class was openly laughing at her on the first day.  Her last name starts with L, so he either got pretty far alphabetically, or there weren't many in front of her.   

Nice...but the readings(yes I got bored and read them already) for the 1st day are pretty straightforward.  I wouldn't worry about a thing.

Anastasia

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2005, 03:38:40 PM »
You guys make me feel like such a slacker...Something's funky with my computer and I can't log on right now to get the assignments.  :P  Where are they anyway?
Learn from your parents' mistakes; use birth control.

tacc731

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2005, 04:26:09 PM »
You guys make me feel like such a slacker...Something's funky with my computer and I can't log on right now to get the assignments.  :P  Where are they anyway?

Crump is the only prof with assignments up I believe:

ASSIGNMENT FOR FIRST MEETING:
Read Casebook pp. 1-12 and consider the problems contained in those pages. (Notice that the answers are in the book at 11-12 so that you can check your understanding.) Then, read 28 U.S.C. 1332 (in Supplement) and U.S. Constitution art. III 2 (also in Supplement). Then, read Casebook pp. 12-16, through end of 1.03. Finally, read the note on the Federal Rules at the bottom of page 16.

ASSIGNMENT FOR SECOND MEETING:
Read Federal Rule of Civil Procedure ("FRCP") 8(a), (e) (in Supplement); then read Casebook pp. 16-26, through end of 1.04 (but omit Thomas v. Torres on p. 18). Next, read FRCP 26(b)(1)-(2) (Supplement); then read Casebook 1.06 (Discovery) through notes and questions on 29-30 (but omit the second Kerr opinion on p. 29). Finally, read Rule 56(c) (Supplement) and 1.07 of the Casebook (pp. 30-32).

UHLawGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2005, 08:54:18 PM »

Section B doesn't have assignments yet. No worries.

debateicon

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2005, 09:18:56 PM »
hey y'all.  I just finished my 1st year.  This was my schedule...

Civ. Pro. ~ Ragazzo: (note: get the script for his class, he does the nearly the same thing every year.  He will grill you, but you will know Civ. Pro.)
Torts ~ Duncan.  Outstanding class, great professor.  She gives a practice test.  Take advantage of it.  She has a panel of 3 people that she announces each day.  Everyone else is off the hook.
LARC ~ Morris.  All LARC classes are boring, but Morris brings CANDY!
Contracts ~ Nimmer.  Good teacher, you can guess when you'll be called on.  You will learn a lot.

I envy those who have Mixon.  He's outstanding.
Crump (I had Crump for Property): Yes, you will sit alphabetically.  His grilling isn't so horrible.  The only time you would have to stand up is if you don't speak up (same for Ragazzo).  Can be a bit of a jerk at times.  Oh, but he sings and plays the banjo.  I think he has a talking puppet for Civ Pro.  Learn how he wants the test done, then do it his way.