Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Got My 1L Schedule!  (Read 15065 times)

tacc731

• View Profile
Re: Got My 1L Schedule!
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2005, 02:24:20 PM »
Any of those dates sound good to me...though I'm not sure I want to be hungover during orientation. 

htrus

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2005, 12:32:23 PM »
I am good for the 11th.
LSAT 161/GPA 3.05

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=htrus

Attending: Houston
In: St. Mary's (w$$), South Texas, Texas Tech, Houston
Out: Texas, GMU, Boalt Hall, Oklahoma, Baylor
Waitlist: SMU

htrus

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2005, 12:33:52 PM »
Oneway,

Just to let you know, I was able to pickup Crump's main textbook at the Bookswap this evening for $30.00, used but in great condition (no writing/highligting). I have not picked up anything else. The Torts books were not the same edition, and the Contract case books I was not sure (they were 7th, but there was an indication that there may be a more recent edition in the class booklist).

Today's Bookstop session was the only one scheduled for this week, but they said they would announce more sessions next week via Briefly. 

htrus,

were there supplements/study aids available at bookswap in addition to textbooks?

Yes, I saw a limited selection of study aids. I found a supplement for Crump, but it was 2004 instead of 2005, so I did not purchase it.
LSAT 161/GPA 3.05

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=htrus

Attending: Houston
In: St. Mary's (w$$), South Texas, Texas Tech, Houston
Out: Texas, GMU, Boalt Hall, Oklahoma, Baylor
Waitlist: SMU

Anastasia

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2005, 05:12:53 PM »
Hey y'all.  I'm in B, too!  Looking forward to meeting everyone!
Learn from your parents' mistakes; use birth control.

tracigu3

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - tracigu3@sbcglobal.net
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - tracigu3
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2005, 04:26:57 PM »
General info:

I went to HPD for fingerprinting today.  You go to the 10th floor of the building located on the corner of Dallas & Travis.  Be sure to bring cash.  The fee is $10, and they ONLY accept cash.

I also went to campus, got my pic taken for the Cougar 1 card, purchased MS Office, and bought books.  The bookswap only had Section A's book for Civ Pro; however, they were all VERY USED (i.e., lots of highlighting and pen marks).  I did not purchase any text books, but I did get the Civ Pro E&E study guide for $10.  I then went to the bookstore in trailers behind the law center. They have very few used books, and they're only $10-$20 cheaper than the new ones.  They only have new books for LARC- a total of five books priced at 55.50, 31.30, 28.00, 28.95, and 52.00.  They do not have Crump's books for Civ Pro nor do they have Zamora's book for K's; however, they said they would have them by the end of the week.  They had Torts, I bought the new $89.  So, I still need 3 books (2 for CP and 1 for K), and my total including a black's law dictionary was $414.85.

Man, it's been an expensive day!

UHLawGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2005, 05:19:59 PM »
General info:

I went to HPD for fingerprinting today.  You go to the 10th floor of the building located on the corner of Dallas & Travis.  Be sure to bring cash.  The fee is $10, and they ONLY accept cash.

I also went to campus, got my pic taken for the Cougar 1 card, purchased MS Office, and bought books.  The bookswap only had Section A's book for Civ Pro; however, they were all VERY USED (i.e., lots of highlighting and pen marks).  I did not purchase any text books, but I did get the Civ Pro E&E study guide for $10.  I then went to the bookstore in trailers behind the law center. They have very few used books, and they're only $10-$20 cheaper than the new ones.  They only have new books for LARC- a total of five books priced at 55.50, 31.30, 28.00, 28.95, and 52.00.  They do not have Crump's books for Civ Pro nor do they have Zamora's book for K's; however, they said they would have them by the end of the week.  They had Torts, I bought the new $89.  So, I still need 3 books (2 for CP and 1 for K), and my total including a black's law dictionary was $414.85.

Traci,

Thanks for the info on the fingerprinting. I'm going to try to take care of that this week. Would you mind sending he fingerprint info to our email group? I know some folks aren't on LSD anymore. . .

All y'all, the evite for my O-Week BBQ party has been sent out. Check your email and let me know if you didn't get yours.

CajunDynamo

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2005, 07:24:41 PM »
General info:

Traci,

Thanks for the info on the fingerprinting. I'm going to try to take care of that this week. Would you mind sending he fingerprint info to our email group? I know some folks aren't on LSD anymore. . .

All y'all, the evite for my O-Week BBQ party has been sent out. Check your email and let me know if you didn't get yours.

Actually guys, the UH police dept will fingerprint your for FREE.  Don't need an appointment on anything.  You can do it at anytime.

Also, I didn't get an email invite :(

CD

zya

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2005, 10:56:33 AM »
hello fellow cougars!

Section A here- Crump-civ pro. Duncan- Torts.  Zamora- Contracts and Morris for Larc.

Crump is making me uncomfortable with his super early assignments.. the plan was to relax until orientation at least   :-\

Did anyone else read abt Crump having the seating chart and questioning students in alphabetical order? I think I read that abt someone now I am not so sure who. I think I am losing it .. my last name is AB... geez. My heart rate increased just at the thought of that!

have fun these last few days and see you guys on tuesday!!

tracigu3

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - tracigu3@sbcglobal.net
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - tracigu3
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2005, 02:16:08 PM »
hello fellow cougars!

Section A here- Crump-civ pro. Duncan- Torts. Zamora- Contracts and Morris for Larc.

Crump is making me uncomfortable with his super early assignments.. the plan was to relax until orientation at least :-\

Did anyone else read abt Crump having the seating chart and questioning students in alphabetical order? I think I read that abt someone now I am not so sure who. I think I am losing it .. my last name is AB... geez. My heart rate increased just at the thought of that!

have fun these last few days and see you guys on tuesday!!

I'm completely excited about Crump!  I'm glad I got him.  I know that may sound crazy, but I really am.  When I was at the admitted students day the UH student that lead my tour told us that he has a keg party every year for his classmates; but that is notoriously the most difficult teacher on campus.  Legend has it that once he called on a girl in class, she had been standing up so long, and being grilled for answers that she passed out! And, best of all, when she came to, he started grilling her again!

HAH!!! I can't wait for this guy!

zya

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2005, 03:10:50 PM »
Thats funny :D! I heard abt the party too, which is all great but i don't really anticipate being the first person grilled on the 22nd .. that is of course if he is the one that starts in alphabetical order!

We'll see...