Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Got My 1L Schedule!  (Read 14944 times)

UHLawGirl

• View Profile
Re: Got My 1L Schedule!
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2005, 09:13:16 PM »
I think I am going to start next week and get them then. I went to the Law Center Book Store today, and did not find any books in stock yet, however.

Go to the Rothers Bookstore. All of our books are in stock there.

http://www.thecollegestore.com/rho/

Section B doesn't have the assignment posted yet. . . :(

htrus

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2005, 02:31:12 PM »
I think I am going to start next week and get them then. I went to the Law Center Book Store today, and did not find any books in stock yet, however.

Go to the Rothers Bookstore. All of our books are in stock there.

http://www.thecollegestore.com/rho/

Section B doesn't have the assignment posted yet. . . :(
Thanks, I will check it out.
LSAT 161/GPA 3.05

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=htrus

Attending: Houston
In: St. Mary's (w$$), South Texas, Texas Tech, Houston
Out: Texas, GMU, Boalt Hall, Oklahoma, Baylor
Waitlist: SMU

oneway

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2005, 07:31:27 PM »
Thanks LawGirl.

I went to Rother's today and got everything except the two books for Contracts and the Interactive Citation Workbook for LARC (they aren't in yet).  All that plus a Black's pocket-sized law dictionary ($34.50) was $365.34, after the 3% discount from joining their frequent shopper club.

I also stopped by the copy center to pick up the supplements, but they didn't have them ready.  The girl there said they'd have them by orientation. 

htrus

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2005, 11:44:09 PM »
Oneway,

Just to let you know, I was able to pickup Crump's main textbook at the Bookswap this evening for $30.00, used but in great condition (no writing/highligting). I have not picked up anything else. The Torts books were not the same edition, and the Contract case books I was not sure (they were 7th, but there was an indication that there may be a more recent edition in the class booklist).

Today's Bookstop session was the only one scheduled for this week, but they said they would announce more sessions next week via Briefly. 
LSAT 161/GPA 3.05

UHLawGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2005, 12:55:37 AM »
I freaked out today and bought supplements online. Now I have the E&Es, CaseNotes, and Emanuels for every subject. With all of the used (but in good condition) books Amazon had, it only cost me about $100. We'll see if they get used. . . . I'm definitely panicking and having nightmares at this point.

Anyone else terrifed of the two writing tests? I'm a writer by profession (and I say so frequently), I'm afraid that I'm going to flub and get sent to the remedial writing tutor. Even worse than the required tutoring is the embarassment that I'll have to endure after tooting my own horn.  :-[

Finally, Section B is the party section. I've already received several email invitations for happy hours and get-togethers on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. And I thought I would be the only enabler AKA unofficial social chair. BTW I'm still having my BBQ during orientation.

htrus

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2005, 10:07:31 AM »
I hear you about the writing assignment, but it is what it is. If I have to see the writing tutor, it is probably for good reason. I am going to think of it as free help. 

No party offers yet for section A. Does anyone in that section want to get together over the next couple of weeks?
LSAT 161/GPA 3.05

lawyer2b

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2005, 10:19:46 AM »
Oneway,

Just to let you know, I was able to pickup Crump's main textbook at the Bookswap this evening for $30.00, used but in great condition (no writing/highligting). I have not picked up anything else. The Torts books were not the same edition, and the Contract case books I was not sure (they were 7th, but there was an indication that there may be a more recent edition in the class booklist).

Today's Bookstop session was the only one scheduled for this week, but they said they would announce more sessions next week via Briefly. 

htrus,

were there supplements/study aids available at bookswap in addition to textbooks?

tracigu3

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - tracigu3@sbcglobal.net
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - tracigu3
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2005, 11:31:49 AM »
Calling all Section A:  Anyone interested in getting together? I think I saw a post by htrus solicitating invites, anyone else? From reading the posts I seem to recall tacc, htrus, zya, and one more I can't remember- anyway, if you're in section a and you want to hang out reply.

I'm out of town this week, but would love to get together sometime before orientation.  How about Buffalo Wild Wings in midtown on Tuesday night, it's 25 cent wings :)

tacc731

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2005, 12:34:03 PM »
Calling all Section A:  Anyone interested in getting together? I think I saw a post by htrus solicitating invites, anyone else? From reading the posts I seem to recall tacc, htrus, zya, and one more I can't remember- anyway, if you're in section a and you want to hang out reply.

I'm out of town this week, but would love to get together sometime before orientation.  How about Buffalo Wild Wings in midtown on Tuesday night, it's 25 cent wings :)

Can't on Tuesday night...but any other time sounds great(except for the next couple weekends...too many funerals weddings to go to).

tracigu3

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - tracigu3@sbcglobal.net
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - tracigu3
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2005, 01:02:47 PM »
Ok.  I'm free the 11th, 12th, or 15th.  Or we could always hang out after our first day of orientation on the 16th.  When is everyone free?