Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: lsat  (Read 3211 times)

Bonkers, Jr.

• Meet Me At The Pier!
    • View Profile
Re: lsat
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2005, 10:47:41 AM »
My school states in their FAQ that they are required by the ABA to average scores.

They may state that, but it can't be true otherwise schools like Northwestern wouldn't take the highest. Maybe it's your state bar making that suggestion or requirement...

YankyKitten

• Take time and smell the flowers
    • AOL Instant Messenger - yankykitten
    • View Profile
    • LSN Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2005, 12:57:11 PM »
My school states in their FAQ that they are required by the ABA to average scores.

They may state that, but it can't be true otherwise schools like Northwestern wouldn't take the highest. Maybe it's your state bar making that suggestion or requirement...

Actually, it is true that the school must report the average score to the ABA; however, each school sets their own policy on their admissions process.
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=YankyKitten178

"The great pleasure in life is doing what others say you cannot."

Bonkers, Jr.

• Meet Me At The Pier!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2005, 06:58:37 PM »
I stand corrected. If that question had been on the LSAT I would have missed it. '-)

YankyKitten

• Take time and smell the flowers
    • AOL Instant Messenger - yankykitten
    • View Profile
    • LSN Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2005, 09:21:28 PM »
I stand corrected. If that question had been on the LSAT I would have missed it. '-)

LOL... I wish that had been on the test; I certainly could have used the extra point!
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=YankyKitten178

"The great pleasure in life is doing what others say you cannot."

Ivy Man

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2005, 11:29:09 PM »
This is the current law student side of the forum.

Quote from: bachismo link=topic=2402.msg16579#msg16579
date=1122536600
Does anyone know of law schools that don't average lsat scores. i.e. will take the best score.  I took the LSAT twice 2 years ago and got a 158 and 164.  Both times I had problems; One time I misbubbled my answer sheet, and 1 time I got sick. There were a number of reasons that I didn't cancel my score: I didn't realize that all law schools average scores, I wasn't aware that I misbubbled, and I wasn't really interested in law school at the time. 
Anyway I took the LSAT again this past June and got a 171.  This is a huge difference and I was wondering if there were any good schools out there that would be sympathetic to my situation. 

Bonkers, Jr.

• Meet Me At The Pier!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2005, 06:54:58 AM »
If you already graduated, why are you hanging around law school message boards?

Burning Sands

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2005, 01:04:59 PM »
what is the LSAT?    ;D
Burning Sands

Ivy Man

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2005, 11:20:38 PM »
I meant people currently in law school.  My bad!

If you already graduated, why are you hanging around law school message boards?

Mon Ami Gabi

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2005, 04:37:51 PM »
Does anyone know of law schools that don't average lsat scores. i.e. will take the best score.  I took the LSAT twice 2 years ago and got a 158 and 164.  Both times I had problems; One time I misbubbled my answer sheet, and 1 time I got sick. There were a number of reasons that I didn't cancel my score: I didn't realize that all law schools average scores, I wasn't aware that I misbubbled, and I wasn't really interested in law school at the time. 
Anyway I took the LSAT again this past June and got a 171.  This is a huge difference and I was wondering if there were any good schools out there that would be sympathetic to my situation. 

If you have had for real these three scores, you're really unfortunate to be averaged to a 164. That's why I always stress that people should take LSAT only after they've practiced long enough, even if that would mean 2, 3 or even more years! I mean, it pays off in the long rum even if you'd spend years and years practicing with a stupid test like LSAT -- difference between a $125,000 salary fresh out of law school and a lousy $40,000 suck-ass public defender type of thing!
"Tear down that female dog of a bearing wall and put a window where it OUGHT to be!"

chlorineblitch

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2005, 01:33:41 PM »
I mean, it pays off in the long rum ...

LOL ;)