Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: President of my Law School student senate?  (Read 3682 times)

Kelly

• I love the LSAT!!!
    • View Profile
Re: President of my Law School student senate?
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2005, 11:44:47 PM »
With 3 posts to your name, you shouldn't be calling anybody anything.

We now have confirmation.  She is a psycho.

lincolnsgrandson

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2005, 06:56:53 AM »
Keep in mind - SBA is a student activity, and it's not especially impressive on a resume.  Go ahead and run if it means a lot to you.  You can probably become president of the SBA fairly easily, because so few students care.
The SBA is by no means equivalent to law review, moot court, other law journals, or even clincics or trial ad.
If you're sure about the difference between what's prestigious and what's just an "ec," look at the bios of practicing lawyers and check what they stil include long past their graduation.

By the way, law journal (but not necessarily law review) staff work generally is not particularly demanding, and most students have no trouble fitting it into their schedules.

james

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2005, 12:15:09 PM »

So if he had more posts he could call her a psycho? What kind of moronic reasoning is that?

And people keep telling this maniac that law review, moot court, etc. is more important. I think she knows that. She just really wants to speak at graduation even though it means nothing, nobody cares, and nobody will remember it but her. She isn't stupid, she's just bizarre.

abclaw

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2005, 01:39:05 PM »

I'm new here, so please enlighten me as to how many brilliant posts like yours entitle me to an opinion?

dkast

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2005, 08:30:14 PM »

So if he had more posts he could call her a psycho? What kind of moronic reasoning is that?

I agree, I dont know how you can relate the number of posts to the legitimacy of an opinion on here.  Care to explain your reasoning? just curious to see your rational.

Thanks

Janna116

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2005, 01:29:45 AM »
The OP isn't crazy, what's crazy is that a simple question about the SBA has gone on and on for 3 pages and almost a month.  I don't think it's necessary for one more person to tell her, Law Review and Moot Court is more prestigious than SBA, she gets it, she still wants to do it.  Let this thread die already.

It is never too late to be what you might have been. - George Eliot

dkast

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: President of The Universal Galactic senate?
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2005, 02:41:49 AM »
If I make 100 posts can I be President of the Universal Galactic Senate and speak at my graduation.

;)

Just messing with you all regarding the number of posts and opinions...anyone having fun yet in law school? Its been interesting just seeing how people are approaching classes and their answering and reactions to professor's grillings.

james

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2005, 11:08:33 PM »

I agree, I dont know how you can relate the number of posts to the legitimacy of an opinion on here.  Care to explain your reasoning? just curious to see your rational.

Thanks

Yes!!!