Law School Discussion

Chances at transferring to Columbia

Chances at transferring to Columbia
« on: July 27, 2005, 04:24:10 PM »
Anyone tell me what my chances are.  I finished number 2 in my section at BU (they don't rank by whole class, but it would be high top 10%), but my lsat score and undergrad gpa isn't amazing, do I have a good shot at Columbia?  Thanks.

jdohno

• View Profile
Re: Chances at transferring to Columbia
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2005, 05:02:00 PM »
Hasn't Columbia's transfer deadline passed? They're already making decisions. Check out the database on this site http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transferapps/
Good luck.

Anyone tell me what my chances are.  I finished number 2 in my section at BU (they don't rank by whole class, but it would be high top 10%), but my lsat score and undergrad gpa isn't amazing, do I have a good shot at Columbia?  Thanks.

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2006, 08:17:04 AM »
Ozo,

I am superimpressed that you finished 2 in your class - how did you do it? Any tips you could provide on studying and preparing before law school, asking for recs from teachers, etc.

Did you go out at all - did you study all the time or just strategically?

Information on transferring to Columbia
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2006, 05:32:49 PM »
you may want to check out transferlawschools.com.  Some guy that transferred to Columbia set up a website about transferring.

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2006, 10:04:41 PM »
I think you will have an excellent shot at Columbia with that rank coming from BU.  Have you checked out the Yahoo group for transfer app stats from prior years?

And I don't think their deadline has passed.

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2006, 05:28:08 PM »
note: the OP was from July 2005

the 2006 deadline has not passed yet