Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anybody use ROM Law?  (Read 6747 times)

dft

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Anybody use ROM Law?
« on: July 27, 2005, 01:29:08 AM »
Anybody use ROM Law? It seems like a good idea -- having (supposedly) thousands of case briefs from all subjects, outlines, flash cards, etc., all in one set for like $30 or $40 -- but I haven't heard many people talk about it. Anyone know if it's any good?

What about the new E-Legalines? These are the ones that are on CDs so that you can copy and paste onto your personal course outline if you so desire.

nick081975

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Anybody use ROM Law?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2005, 11:59:33 AM »
I used it last year for 6 different courses. Our study group started with lots of stuff and all just used Rom Law.

We all placed in the top ten of our school.

It was great. Their Superbriefs are perfect. Their other briefs need a little work at times. But it was easy to copy and paste and then modify the stuff.

The flash cards are better than law in a flash. The outlines are basic but again it was copy and paste time into word. The four of us spent about 30 hours making the perfect outline for each class and modifying casebriefs. We spent the rest of the time studying.

I renewed again this year and there are a lot more Superbriefs and they also have started legal research capabilities.

KatieManley01

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - katiemanley01@Hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2005, 09:06:15 PM »
Where do you purchase this from?  Sounds useful.  Thanks!
Attending Duke

dft

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2005, 12:55:43 AM »
Katie -- I haven't heard much talk about it at all, which leads me to assume that it is not that great. Maybe I'm wrong though (maybe not that many people know about it)? It seems like a great idea though. I just found this thread but I don't have any time to read it right now:

http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/students/index.php/topic,2200.msg17363/topicseen.html

I also saw it in the bookstore at my law school and the bookseller said people love it (not sure how reliable of a source he is though). It's only like $40 and it covers like all your study aids. If you ask around, let me know if you find out anything more about it (and its usefulness). Here's the website from the other thread:

http://www.romlawonline.com/

And here's the website I found it at awhile ago:

http://www.bsmsphd.com/

Where do you purchase this from?  Sounds useful.  Thanks!

colforbin

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2005, 10:37:06 AM »
A local off-campus bookstore had Rom-law and I passed the first time they offered, yet returned and bought it a week later. The jury is still out; however, my reasoning was that It would seem to be helpful to have all of that information right there in class on my laptop, and for $40; hell, I spend that much on a bar tab.  ;D

I'll post again as I realize it's potential or lack thereof.

dft

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2005, 10:18:19 PM »
Exactly. I just bought it yesterday in the bookstore because I realized how much you are getting for $40.

A local off-campus bookstore had Rom-law and I passed the first time they offered, yet returned and bought it a week later. The jury is still out; however, my reasoning was that It would seem to be helpful to have all of that information right there in class on my laptop, and for $40; hell, I spend that much on a bar tab.  ;D

I'll post again as I realize it's potential or lack thereof.

Bigtard

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2005, 03:16:47 PM »
what a bad looking website.  that doesn't inspire much confidence.

S|

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2005, 04:49:07 PM »
are you kidding me?

_retired_

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2005, 05:05:38 PM »

marklyon

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2005, 06:09:14 PM »
I'm going to post this article from the Planet Law School message board, resulting from a similar set of postings promoting ROM Law.  I'm not going to say that ROM Law is just trying to get your money, but be careful where you spend your money.