Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anybody use ROM Law?  (Read 7064 times)

me0522

• View Profile
Re: Anybody use ROM Law?
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2005, 10:01:41 PM »
Yes -- I would definitely like to recommend Rom Law. This is a great resource for first year law students. It's a new program with a lot of great features. One of the best things about the program is that you don't have to always be connected to the Internet to use it.-- enjoy!! -- Frances Zemel

KatieManley01

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - katiemanley01@Hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2006, 10:27:46 AM »
Just thought I would update this topic.  I've used romlaw for the last 6 months and it is great.  They have briefs for most major text books.  While the briefs aren't perfect, they are normally pretty good.  And, they also allow you to copy paste, so you can just copy them into your notes. 
Attending Duke

racheles05

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2006, 12:19:50 PM »
I use ROMLaw and although having the briefs on my computer has saved my butt in class a couple times, the briefs aren't that great. Sometimes the holding is wrong and often the rationale is poorly constructed. However, it's not a bad deal for the price. I use the flashcards a lot and the outlines have helped me occasionally.

dft

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2006, 12:56:08 AM »
i agree with katie. they save your ass in class. that's the point of them. not the class participation matters, but you don't look like a feminine hygiene product and they help to keep a good relationship with the prof.

1sweetworld4136

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2006, 03:50:25 PM »
Just thought I'd chime in here with my opinion.

I agree what what was said about ROMLaw saving your ass in class.  If you have a laptop, it's great to get.  That being said, it serves no other valid purpose.  Whoever writes the case briefs likes to interject their own commentary into the analysis and often mischaracterizes entire opinions.  Also, the facts (not that they matter as much as rules of law, etc.) are short.  If you're unprepared for class, you can try to get by with skimming off RomLaw.

Personally, I'd rather use the High Court Summaries and horn books.  If all of your books are on RomLaw, it might be worth chipping out $40 for.  Or you could just rip them off very easily.  As we are all presumably students of the law I will not illucidate on that statement, but anyone with intermediate computer knowledge will know what I'm talking about.  The software is so poorly designed and bug ridden.  If RomLaw had a competitor, I'd go with them bar none.  If anyone knows of any competitors, please advise.
In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act.

~George Orwell

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

~Martin Luther King, Jr

clyons1179

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2006, 10:04:52 PM »
I'm in my second year of law school and I wish I would've had ROM Law my first year. It has tons of case briefs, flashcards, Q&A's, outlines, and practice exams.

But what has helped me the most (and no one has mentioned) is ROMLAW's Exam Writing CD.  It is VERY practical and straightforward.  The guy is funny, easy to listen to, and very clear about what to expect during your first year, how to prepare for class, study for exams, and how to use this study method along with the ROM software to be better prepared for class and for exams.

This semester, I've been using his study method and it works.  My 1st year GPA was 2.5.  I recently took an Evidence midterm, and out of the (approx) 200 students who took the exam, I was one of five students who earned an "A"!!!. The Prof handed out model (full credit) student answers to the class, some of which were mine.   ;D

Try it out. And get the Exam Writing CD- especially if you're a 1L.  It may not help much for this semester, but it WILL help you in the Spring! (As long as you follow their advice, that is!!)

Good Luck,
Cheryl

josejanseco

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Anybody post from ROM Law?
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2006, 10:27:08 PM »
Wow,  you must certainly have been impressed with ROM law.  So much so, that you joined this message board solely to post about it. 

Readers, this person is a SHILL
SHILL noun
1.   a person who poses as a customer in order to decoy others into participating, as at a gambling house, auction, confidence game, etc.
2.   a person who publicizes or praises something or someone for reasons of self-interest, personal profit, or friendship or loyalty.

clyons1179

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2006, 10:40:17 PM »
Sorry, but you are WRONG.

I totally screwed up my first year.  I'll send you my transcript if you'd like, along with the copy of my evidence midterm and the sample answers my professor handed out, with my answers included.

I'm serious. E-mail me at CLyons1179@aol.com, and I'll send them to you.

josejanseco

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Anybody post from ROM Law?
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2006, 12:26:23 AM »
I apologize and retract my comment.  After reviewing Cheryl's transcript and other evidence, I have no reason to believe that she is a shill for ROM law.  I apologize for dirtying her illustrious name, and wish her the best of luck at her law school.

Wow,  you must certainly have been impressed with ROM law.  So much so, that you joined this message board solely to post about it. 

Readers, this person is a SHILL
SHILL noun
1.   a person who poses as a customer in order to decoy others into participating, as at a gambling house, auction, confidence game, etc.
2.   a person who publicizes or praises something or someone for reasons of self-interest, personal profit, or friendship or loyalty.

courselines

• View Profile
    • CourseLines.com
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2006, 12:33:31 AM »
If you are going to get supplements, check out aspen's "Examples and Explanations" series. I have always found it be useful.
Download free outlines at http://www.courselines.com