Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Please recommend a good study aid for IP I & II  (Read 664 times)

giraffe205

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Please recommend a good study aid for IP I & II
« on: July 21, 2005, 11:02:19 PM »
I want to read a good study aid for IP I & II before classes start in order to get an idea of the general framework and trends for when I start reading the casebook.

Any recommendations....

slacker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Please recommend a good study aid for IP I & II
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2005, 01:08:53 AM »
No clue what IP I & II cover, so it's tough to guess. There's an IP E&E, but I haven't looked at it; not sure how it is.

lincolnsgrandson

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2005, 10:35:29 AM »
I took Copyright and Trademark classes, and not a general IP, so I don't know if the following helps.

Emanuel's for Intellectual Property is handy as a reference.  But it's not even close to a substitute for getting involved in the issues.  Knowing and understanding the case law, and the relevant legislation, is crucial to doing well in IP classes. 

Many students enter IP classes with fairly good (or, at the least, intimidating) knowledge, because they're particularly interested.  If you want to match them, you might want to look at some books in your library, like Goldstein's Copyright Highway.  And read a few recent important decisions: e.g. Grokster and Eldred for copyright; KP Permanente, Moseley v. Secret Catalogue for Trademark. 

thinkerbox77

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2005, 01:35:59 PM »
I recommend my outlines for 1L students.
To get your free sample outline, please send e-mail to thinkerbox77@yahoo.com