Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: CLASSES/PROFS  (Read 10031 times)

bobcatpanther

• View Profile
Re: CLASSES/PROFS
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2005, 01:40:19 AM »
First-week assignments are posted here:

http://www.law.pitt.edu/student/registrar/first_week_assignments_1L.php

Based on those, you can tell which section you're in. For example, Contracts with Flechtner is Section A and Wang is Section C -- so Madison must be Section B. (No wonder I did so well on the puzzles section of the LSAT ... not.) I'm in Section C.

The whole first-year summer mailing is here:

http://www.law.pitt.edu/student/registrar/1Lsummermailing.php

The registrar's page is http://www.law.pitt.edu/student/registrar.php. There's a lot of good stuff there, including a textbook list, but I guess I'll have to wait for the hard copy to come in the mail to find out when my classes are.

jomolungma

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2005, 07:28:57 AM »
An even better way to tell what large section/small section you're in is to look at the text book list.  It lists the large/small section next to the professor's name. So, for instance, Delgado only teaches Legal Process for section B2.  If you've got Delgado, you're in B2, and so on.

Jaimalia82

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2005, 09:06:26 AM »
An even better way to tell what large section/small section you're in is to look at the text book list.  It lists the large/small section next to the professor's name. So, for instance, Delgado only teaches Legal Process for section B2.  If you've got Delgado, you're in B2, and so on.

Yup, that's how I figured out I'm in A2.  However, the textbook list and my schedule have different professors listed for Legal Process for all of section A.  My schedule says Brake, the texbook list says Nathelson (or something like that).  Did anyone else notice this?

jomolungma

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2005, 12:13:41 PM »

Yup, that's how I figured out I'm in A2.  However, the textbook list and my schedule have different professors listed for Legal Process for all of section A.  My schedule says Brake, the texbook list says Nathelson (or something like that).  Did anyone else notice this?

I didn't notice this on my schedule, but I did notice that there are only Criminal Law professors listed for the A sections.  I guess they haven't assigned the remaining sections yet.  So your issue could just be a case of "schedule is tentative" kinda thing.

violet5

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2005, 03:34:07 PM »
I'm guessing I'm in either section C1 or C2 because C3 has Torts with Meiser and my Torts prof is listed as TBA.

This is what I do know:

Contracts--Wang

Legal Process--Parry

Criminal Law--Parry

Legal Writing--Brostoff

I certainly hope that Parry is a good prof since I have him for 2 classes! I found that Brostoff is the director of the legal writing program so she must know her stuff. It would be great if we knew class times and all that. I'm getting anxious to plan my schedule out.
2.93/159

ATTENDING: PITT!
Accepted: Toledo, Cleveland Marshall (4K/yr.-withdrawn), Seton Hall, Rutgers-Newark, Buffalo, Pitt, U Pacific
Rejected: Ohio State, Cincinnati, Temple, St.Johns
Waitlisted: Chicago-Kent, DePaul, Loyola Chicago, IU-Indy, Catholic, Case (all withdrawn)

VivaLaMuerte

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2005, 05:33:01 PM »
Hello everyone. I used to post quite often on the other board (prelaw), but I only remember a few of you.  There used to be a running joke about whether I was male or female.  To avoid confusion in our near future encounters, I am male.

Thanks for posting this information and where to find it, by the way.  Here's my schedule:

Contracts: Fletcher 1020
Legal Process: Brake 1020
Torts: Frolik 1030 (we can't go wrong with a prof named "Frolik" can we?)
Crim. Law: McCarthy 1030
Writing: Flannery 1040

If anyone needs paint, by the way, we can work something out. I work in that department at Lowe's Waterfront.  ; )

Painting101

• Sr. Citizen
  • 164/ 3.55
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sgtpeper82
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2005, 11:24:26 PM »
I'll be needing paint.  I close on my house tomorrow.  Where is that Lowe's?  It's probably the closest thing to Squirrel Hill.
Pitt is it!

violet5

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2005, 04:05:58 PM »
I just got my schedule in the mail today!!   ;D

It turns out that the one on the my.pitt.edu website was wrong. Here's the update:

Torts--Schiff
Contracts--Wang
Crim Law--Ehrenreich
Legal Process--Buchele
Legal Writing--Brostoff

Officially, I am in Section C2!!! Anyone else?
2.93/159

ATTENDING: PITT!
Accepted: Toledo, Cleveland Marshall (4K/yr.-withdrawn), Seton Hall, Rutgers-Newark, Buffalo, Pitt, U Pacific
Rejected: Ohio State, Cincinnati, Temple, St.Johns
Waitlisted: Chicago-Kent, DePaul, Loyola Chicago, IU-Indy, Catholic, Case (all withdrawn)

avvocato

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2005, 05:39:26 PM »
The schedule that I received in the mail differss lightly from the one posted online...

Online: Legal Process w/ Brake
Snailmail: Legal Process w/ Nathenson

Anyone else notice this?

Jael118

• AOL Instant Messenger - Jael118
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2005, 06:49:10 PM »
The schedule that I received in the mail differss lightly from the one posted online...

Online: Legal Process w/ Brake
Snailmail: Legal Process w/ Nathenson

Anyone else notice this?

Yes, my schedule is the same way.  Last minute change, I'm assuming.