Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Career--CIA attorney  (Read 5408 times)

Wild Jack Maverick

• Sr. Citizen
  • "I think I know the formula..."
    • View Profile
    • Email
Career--CIA attorney
« on: July 18, 2005, 10:15:02 PM »
Attorney

Work Schedule: Full Time
Salary: $57,715 to $135,136*

The CIA Office of General Counsel is recruiting highly qualified new and experienced Attorneys at the GS-11 to GS-15* range to join its exciting and challenging legal practice. Our practice provides the opportunity to interact with a wide variety of US Government agencies, Congress, Federal and state courts, and the private sector. OGC lawyers have regular contact with other Intelligence Community agencies, the White House, the National Security Council and the Departments of Defense, State, Justice, Treasury and Commerce.

OGC handles a wide variety of legal issues, including, among other things, both civil and criminal litigation, foreign intelligence and counterintelligence activities, counterterrorism, counternarcotics, nonproliferation and arms control, personnel and security matters, contracting, finance and budget matters, tax, immigration, international financial transactions, corporate law, copyright, intellectual property, foreign and international law, and legislation.

The CIA's personnel screening process generally takes from six to nine months to complete. Graduation from an ABA-accredited law school and active bar membership from any of the 50 states, District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, or the US Virgin Islands are required.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The CIA is an equal opportunity employer, and all interested applicants are encouraged to apply. Please send a resume, law school transcript, legal writing sample, and the names and telephone numbers of three legal references to:

Administrative Officer
Office of General Counsel
Central Intelligence Agency
Washington, DC 20505

All applicants must successfully complete a thorough medical and psychological exam, a polygraph interview and an extensive background investigation. US citizenship is required. For more information about the CIA Office of General Counsel, please see our website.

ALL POSITIONS REQUIRE RELOCATION TO THE WASHINGTON DC METROPOLITAN AREA.

An equal opportunity employer and a drug-free work force.

"I enjoy being in school. I've learned so much already, with taking economics and law, and I have marketing and statistics coming up next."

JD_MSA

• View Profile
Re: Career--CIA attorney
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2005, 09:29:22 AM »
That job sounds sweet.  Do you know if it's generally open recruitment or if they are just looking for people right now?

EDIT: Nevermind, found more info here: http://www.cia.gov/ogc/best.htm

3Ldude

• View Profile
Re: Career--CIA attorney
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2005, 12:33:19 AM »
CIA  travel the world meet interesting and different people.......and kill them