Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anyone exited for 1L?  (Read 2462 times)

legalkitty

• Sr. Citizen
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my cat!
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone exited for 1L?
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2005, 01:33:42 PM »
Must be Santa Clara.  I've spent alot of time in the area and took my lsat's on the campus as well. 

My cousin just graduated from SC law school and commuted from Hayward everyday so its definitely possible.  I was going to warn you about the traffic but then I saw that you're moving from NY so no new surprises there!  Anyways, welcome to the sunshine state.  I'm moving from SF to Philly so I'm headed in the opposite direction...  bye cali...

I just relocated from New Orleans to Philly for 1L.  What school in Philly are you headed to?  I'll be at 'Nova but am living 15 minutes away in the Manayunk section of Philly (with my roomate who is at Temple).  I'm not looking forward to my first winter.  Bye bye golf in january...

Manayunk is party central in Philly. At least you will have something to do when you are taking a break from studying.
Attending: Widener PA!!
http://www.aldf.org

dividedsky

• Sr. Citizen
  • 160 LSAT, 2.73 UGPA
    • View Profile
    • all bisco all the time
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2005, 02:23:42 PM »
Must be Santa Clara.  I've spent alot of time in the area and took my lsat's on the campus as well. 

My cousin just graduated from SC law school and commuted from Hayward everyday so its definitely possible.  I was going to warn you about the traffic but then I saw that you're moving from NY so no new surprises there!  Anyways, welcome to the sunshine state.  I'm moving from SF to Philly so I'm headed in the opposite direction...  bye cali...

I just relocated from New Orleans to Philly for 1L.  What school in Philly are you headed to?  I'll be at 'Nova but am living 15 minutes away in the Manayunk section of Philly (with my roomate who is at Temple).  I'm not looking forward to my first winter.  Bye bye golf in january...

Manayunk is party central in Philly. At least you will have something to do when you are taking a break from studying.

you're right, but it still seems tame compared to nola... this is probably for the better, though.  its downright quiet around here on the weekdays -- can't say the same for where I spent the last four years.  again, probably a good thing.   ;)

dividedsky

• Sr. Citizen
  • 160 LSAT, 2.73 UGPA
    • View Profile
    • all bisco all the time
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2005, 11:25:17 AM »

you're right, but it still seems tame compared to nola... this is probably for the better, though.  its downright quiet around here on the weekdays -- can't say the same for where I spent the last four years.  again, probably a good thing.   ;)

I'm going to Temple.. = )

As far as living in Manayunk, the city is pretty cool.  My gf goes to med school in Philly and lives near Manayunk so I've been out to visit and party a few times.  I think Manayunk will be much busier once all the students return from summber break since there are so many schools in the area.  Also, there are some other areas in downtown Philly that you might enjoy. 

I went to UC Davis undergrad in Cali and had some pretty wild times too.  I think 1L is going to be a culture shock...

that's a good point, i didn't even think of that... anyway good luck with your move man.  hit me up if you want to "blaze.1" when you get here

Brooklaw

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2005, 04:56:27 PM »
So, back to talking about me... :D

Do they have Discount/99 cent stores in Cali? I know it's a weird question, but i love my 99 cent stores, they save me so much money. I just want  to know that i will be able to take advantage of them over there.

Dammit, it looks like i might have to spend almost 300 dollars on a hostel until i can move into a place in Santa Clara. Damn.

anoddduck

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2005, 07:15:10 PM »
So, back to talking about me... :D

Do they have Discount/99 cent stores in Cali? I know it's a weird question, but i love my 99 cent stores, they save me so much money. I just want  to know that i will be able to take advantage of them over there.

Dammit, it looks like i might have to spend almost 300 dollars on a hostel until i can move into a place in Santa Clara. d**mn.

They definitely exist in CA.  (Dollar Tree comes to mind, but I know that there are others with other names).

The catch: you might have to really search to find one in Santa Clara (San Jose might have them though)...

Wealthier areas usually don't have Dollar Stores, y'know?

(Target has a dollar section, though...)