Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anyone exited for 1L?  (Read 2343 times)

Brooklaw

• View Profile
Anyone exited for 1L?
« on: July 18, 2005, 04:35:59 PM »
My plane ticket has been bought (NYC to San Jose). I will be searching for suitable housing beginning on saturday,and then I will settle into my new home for the next three years. Oh the joy, the fear and the exitement.

Question, what's the farthest anyone is living from their law school? I'm looking at housing that is close to my school, but if i can't find any, i'm looking at some that is kind of far. I would have to take a commuter train about 25-30 minutes. What do you guys think?

rhapsody

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone exited for 1L?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2005, 05:00:21 PM »
My commute is going to be about 45 - 60 minutes each way.  I figure it's not too bad as long as I can be productive during that time period.

VanBuren Boys

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - vanbBoys8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2005, 06:22:40 PM »
Don't forget to bring a dictionary.  Exitement=Excitement?

zaphod

• worst dressed sentient being in the galaxy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2005, 09:22:16 PM »
Don't forget to bring a dictionary.  Exitement=Excitement?

Don't forget to prepare yourself for having to deal with a bunch of snotty jerks....
Don't Panic

Brooklaw

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2005, 09:44:13 PM »
Yeah, I know what you meen. Just cause i spelt one word wrong, people want to get all up my ass. Luckily, my school seams to be pretty laid back and i think there will be less snotty jerks than at other schools.

blaze.1

• yellow snow!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2005, 02:53:45 AM »
Must be Santa Clara.  I've spent alot of time in the area and took my lsat's on the campus as well. 

My cousin just graduated from SC law school and commuted from Hayward everyday so its definitely possible.  I was going to warn you about the traffic but then I saw that you're moving from NY so no new surprises there!  Anyways, welcome to the sunshine state.  I'm moving from SF to Philly so I'm headed in the opposite direction...  bye cali...
Attending: Temple

Brooklaw

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2005, 08:47:56 AM »
Yeah, I hope I like whole sunshine and pretty people thing. Us NYC ppl aren't too big on those things. But I think i'll make do. Good luck with your move to the east.

nonamesleftforme

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2005, 10:06:09 AM »
Brooklaw...I wish you the best of luck in CA!  I just moved from NYC to the west coast after living in New York for five years.  I swear I'm never going back, but we'll see.  ;)

You should be excited.  1L will be traumatic and awful at times, but you'll also suffer together as a group.  If you stay clear of stupid cliques and gossip (which is rampant at most law schools), you'll do great socially. 

Enjoy SC...I love your campus!

Brooklaw

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2005, 11:19:42 AM »
I'm glad you like the west side. I have a little more connection to NYC though. I was born in brooklyn, lived here 21 years, even went to college in Manhattan. I feel sad already just thinking about leaving. I'm jealous as hell of all those people who are coming to NYC for law school, even to attend the crappiest school (whatever that may be). The real sad thing is that,  since SCU is such a regional school, I don't think i'll make it back home for years after i graduate. :'( There just isn't another place like NYC in the world, and i love my city.

OK, enough whining from me. good luck to you though. who knows, maybe i'll fall in love with san francisco and never want to leave. ::)

dividedsky

• Sr. Citizen
  • 160 LSAT, 2.73 UGPA
    • View Profile
    • all bisco all the time
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2005, 11:48:47 AM »
Must be Santa Clara.  I've spent alot of time in the area and took my lsat's on the campus as well. 

My cousin just graduated from SC law school and commuted from Hayward everyday so its definitely possible.  I was going to warn you about the traffic but then I saw that you're moving from NY so no new surprises there!  Anyways, welcome to the sunshine state.  I'm moving from SF to Philly so I'm headed in the opposite direction...  bye cali...

I just relocated from New Orleans to Philly for 1L.  What school in Philly are you headed to?  I'll be at 'Nova but am living 15 minutes away in the Manayunk section of Philly (with my roomate who is at Temple).  I'm not looking forward to my first winter.  Bye bye golf in january...