Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

NOOBs start polls that ask others to comment on how annoying LSD Sr. Citizens are?

Very annoying
 4 (26.7%)
Annoys me a little bit
 1 (6.7%)
I donít mind - Sr. Citizens suck
 3 (20%)
I like NOOBs Ė itís whatís for dinner
 2 (13.3%)
Why are you picking on the NOOBs?
 0 (0%)
Canít we all just get along?
 1 (6.7%)
I HATE ALL YAíLL
 2 (13.3%)
Whatís a NOOB?
 2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Author Topic: Note taking software  (Read 1073 times)

KatieManley01

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - katiemanley01@Hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Note taking software
« on: July 18, 2005, 12:50:01 PM »
Ok, I'm getting ready to begin law school in the fall.  I've been looking at these note taking programs, but they seem to have mixed reviews.  I've read through all the previous posts, but was hoping for a general consensus.  To me, it looks that flashlaw might be my best option.  But, I was hoping a poll might shed some light!  Thanks:) 
Attending Duke

JD_MSA

• View Profile
Re: Note taking software
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2005, 02:32:10 PM »
I've used StoreLaw, Juristudents, and Word.  I prefer Juristudents over StoreLaw and Word over both of them. 

I liked the old StoreLaw "Student Edition," but then they revamped it, and I found it too complicated (too much switching back and forth between screens).  I really liked Juristudents because I could see my brief at the same time I was taking notes, and I would recommend it to a 1L who is looking for something that's not Word.  Both of those programs are very case-oriented.  Once I got past my first year and stopped briefing (okay, I still book brief), I found that MS Word was the best option because by that time I knew how to take what I needed from the cases and condense it into outline form.   

Busybee

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Note taking software
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2005, 07:52:16 AM »
Hi,

I came across this software called "livepad" at http://www.seeplain.com have been using it for some time now. Works very similar to Onenote with most of the functionality and really simple to use, but is lot lot cheaper at $39 with a further $10 discount.

For a $29 product you do get quite a lot, free format note taking screen clipping,  audio, alarms, collaboration etc. Well worth a try.

Regards,
Busybee