Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Law Review Write On Competition  (Read 1190 times)

squarre

• View Profile
Law Review Write On Competition
« on: July 16, 2005, 02:07:16 PM »
We are in the midst of our law review write on competition right now and I really must say I have no idea what I am really writing about.  When I was reading through the packet I really did not expect it to be nearly this difficult.  I also really am trying to figure out how I am going to keep this within the page limit.  Of course if I was a little more motivated to get it done it might be a little better.

StrictlyLiable

• View Profile
Re: Law Review Write On Competition
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2005, 08:43:47 PM »
When I was reading through the packet I really did not expect it to be nearly this difficult.

Yeah, retard, writing onto law review is supposed to easy ::)

giraffe205

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2005, 08:48:54 PM »
The hardest part about the competition for me was figuring out a thesis. I kept changing my mind and found myself arguing against myself.

Good luck!!!

CoffeeAddict

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2005, 11:06:16 PM »
Writing the casenote for the law review write-on competition was the hardest thing I ever did.  I will find out in a week if it paid off.

Good luck!

lincolnsgrandson

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2005, 08:17:01 AM »
I just finished grading forty writing competition entries for my journal.  I can't speak for everyone, but the consensus between me and my friends is that the most important things we are looking for is to
make sense
be well organized
have perfect grammar.

amazingly, many entries don't make the cut.

Burning Sands

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2005, 12:39:35 PM »
Good luck with that.  That is probably the most difficult thing that you have to do during 1L.  I pulled my 1st (and 2nd, and 3rd) all-nighters in law school during the write on competition.  The hardest part is at the beginning when you're like "ok, how the hell am I going to do this?"  Once you get it moving though you'll be cool.
Burning Sands

klaw

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2005, 03:41:29 PM »
Keep it up, squarre, and just try as best you can. Given the time limitations, most law review edit boards aren't expecting perfection - just solid work and clean citations. At our school they really hammered it in that about half the people who intially entered the write-on competition actually ended up submitting an entry, so you might have a better chance than you think.

squarre

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2005, 08:33:25 PM »
Thanks for the positive comments everyone.  I'm going pretty well right now.  Of course like every paper I have written for law school so far the page limitations makes it difficult to fit everything in.