Law School Discussion

Did anyone use EyeQ software before starting law school?

Did anyone use EyeQ software before starting law school?
« on: July 15, 2005, 06:11:34 PM »
So I'm thinking of getting EyeQ software before I start law school because I've heard that it makes you read faster.  Has anyone used it and what can you tell me about it?

Thanks.

Re: Did anyone use EyeQ software before starting law school?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2005, 09:31:31 PM »
I tried it out earlier this year, it seemed to work pretty well.

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2005, 11:35:35 AM »
Did you notice a lot of improvement?

I tried it out earlier this year, it seemed to work pretty well.

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2005, 11:35:49 AM »
No one else?? ???

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2005, 12:07:38 PM »
Not a lot of improvement, but I do read faster now.  I'm not sure how useful it will be for school since you really have to scutinize everything, but it's great for light/leisure reading.

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2005, 04:32:24 PM »
I did a speed reading program as a child, and I read really fast (compared to other people).  it really helped for reading comp on the LSAT. 

I have considered doing EyeQ too.  Why not?

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2005, 12:49:49 AM »
i toyed around with it before the LSAT.

I think it only helps people the most who have existing problems reading.

I mean, to provide a benchmark, I scored around a 760 verbal on my SAT adminstration and on my LSAT, I believe I missed around 3 questions total on my reading comp (or whatever it was called) section.

I can't say eyeq helped terribly. It forces you to learn to scan text fast, but its only beneficial to those people who like reading things over two to three times.

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2005, 07:11:20 AM »
Do you think it would be worth it to use before I start law school?  The OP said that it wouldn't be that beneficial because we do have to scrutinize evrything in law school.  So I'm just wondering if I should bother.

i toyed around with it before the LSAT.

I think it only helps people the most who have existing problems reading.

I mean, to provide a benchmark, I scored around a 760 verbal on my SAT adminstration and on my LSAT, I believe I missed around 3 questions total on my reading comp (or whatever it was called) section.

I can't say eyeq helped terribly. It forces you to learn to scan text fast, but its only beneficial to those people who like reading things over two to three times.

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2005, 07:18:17 AM »
I don't think it would be worth to get before starting law school.  Enjoy your summer off.

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2005, 07:04:26 PM »
I also used EyeQ for the lsat.  It was helpful for improving eye coordination/speed, but I really don't think it helps for heavy reading.  EyeQ focuses more on tricks to help your eyes move across the page faster-- something that isn't useful for the type of comprehension you will be needing.  It might be helpful for reading a magazine or light reading, but not constitutional law:)