Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Parking at ASU  (Read 752 times)

lawman2005

• View Profile
Parking at ASU
« on: July 07, 2005, 10:05:47 AM »
Is anyone else ticked off that we have to park miles away from the law school?  If you are not one of the lucky ones to get a parking spot through the lottery, you will be parking in lot 59, about 1-2 miles away! 
160/3.67
attending: ASU

sahm

• View Profile
Re: Parking at ASU
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2005, 08:29:04 PM »
Yes, it kind of sucks...

But its not like you'll have to walk the whole way to the law school if you do park in Lot 59.  There is a free shuttle (FLASH) that picks up at several places in Lot 59 and will drop you off right in front of the law buildings.  http://www.tempe.gov/tim/FlashFB.htm When I was in undergrad, I parked in Lot 59 and it wasn't that big a deal... just give yourself a little extra time to get to class. 

Granted, it would be nicer to be in a parking structure so that the car isn't in the sun all day...  :-\
Curiosity killed the cat, but for awhile I was a suspect.

-S.W.

BeerandLaw

• View Profile
Re: Parking at ASU
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2005, 09:45:04 PM »
I did my undergrad at ASU, just graduated 2005, and yes, lot 59 is "far," but not that far. You may want to contact Parking and Transit services at ASU/look at the website and try to get a closer spot in one of structures. There is a strcture in lot 59, it is #7. While you would have to park "in" lot 59, your car would be covered and I think if you try hard enuf you can get a pass. Trying hard entails looking each day and seeing if there are any openings any where. I would not settle for Lot 59 just yet.

I had a structure one pass that my sister "handed" down to me. She was a senior while I was a freshman. If you can find someone who has a structure pass and will be graduating you can go down to parking and transit services when they "hand in" their pass and then you can get the spot as soon as it comes open. At least that is what my sister and I did; as well as many friends. This may help you for second semseter and 2L and 3L. There are also many businesses around the university that will sell you a parking spot in their parking lot for the semester. You may want to inquire at the surrounding places and see if they have any spots.