Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Gyms  (Read 4275 times)

JenaBaker

• View Profile
Gyms
« on: July 06, 2005, 12:30:29 PM »
for people who live in the area:
Does anyone have any suggestions for good gyms and/or hair salons/stylists in the area?  Not really related to law school...
-Jena

Jessica J

Re: Gyms
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2005, 12:36:55 AM »
Jena,
I could probaly be more helpful if I knew in what area you are planning on living, and what your preferences are as far as food and  the priciness of everything.

Jessica

charseven

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2005, 12:43:05 AM »
jessica- she posted under the arkansas - little rock board, so she's presumably talking about little rock, arkansas.

JenaBaker

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2005, 09:44:59 AM »
If you are talking about what part of Little Rock, it really doesn't matter for hair salons, but the west side or near the law school for a gym.
Thanks

Jena

samt

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2005, 06:22:09 PM »
  J.P. fitness (www.jpfitness.com) is in the TCBY tower downtown.  WHile I didn't get to visit the facility, I called the gym around 9 p.m. the other night only to find that J.P. forwards all calls to his house after he leaves the gym!  I talked to him about 15 minutes and he seemed friendly and very dedicated, knowledgeable, and friendly.  He reccommended that I join the huge discussion group on his website to get some ideas for fitness plans.  If you sign up for an annual membership it's 49.99 a month or you can go at it monthly for 59.99.  The gym also offers several fitness classes for free.  Hope this helps!

RavenMelonai

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2005, 04:21:34 AM »
Powerhouse gym is pretty decent, price-wise. Some apartments give free or discount memberships to certain places. Little Rock Athletic Club is out a bit further west, and is pretty nice. My brother and his wife go to powerhouse, and love it. They said I can hop on their family membership for about 30 a month. It's off N. Shackleford close to Rodney Parham.

As for hair, I don't trust anyone. They all charge too much to do whatever they want, and when you're trying to keep it long, that is not what you want people to do. I get it trimmed at Little Rock Hair Productions occasionally. Fil's my guy, he's very conservative and only cuts as much as you tell him to. If you get it washed, cut, styled, dried and all that it's like 50, 35 if you don't need it dried (which in the summer is nice). My hair's really long though, so it's probably less for normal people.