Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: FSU Apartment Hunting.  (Read 5743 times)

ACore

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - atomcore
    • View Profile
    • Email
FSU Apartment Hunting.
« on: July 06, 2005, 09:11:50 AM »
I'm planning on heading up to Tallahassee next week to do some apartment hunting. Does anyone have any suggestions of places I should look into while I'm up there?

FYI: I've called Phoenix Management and they have told me that both Florida Towers and Collegewood are sold out.
Attending: FSU
In: FIU, FSU, Syracuse 
Waitlisted: UM, Penn State
Rejected: Pitt, Stetson

sleepyaligatr

• View Profile
Re: FSU Apartment Hunting.
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2005, 05:50:59 PM »
I was looking with them also, and was relegated to College Plaza after the others filled up.  I actually haven't been to Tally for the purpose of apt hunting, so I haven't seen any apartments (including College Plaza).  But for convenience sake I'm going to make it work!

ACore

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2005, 08:30:53 AM »
Well, I'm supposed to be heading over there next monday...but I guess it all depends on what this Hurricane does now.

Anyways, I'll let you know what I find out. Why is no one else posting on the FSU boards?

Shardik

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ignorance, the root and the stem of every evil.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2005, 05:32:33 PM »
I'm set up in Jefferson Arms.  I posted this somewhere before, but anyways...It's very samll but they include everything (power,tv,etc..).  They also offer rent by semester, so in Dec. you could move to one of the larger appts. or somewhere else.

For me I don't mind the small room, but it may bother others.

ACore is right, we need more people to post here.

See you guys/girls later!

ACore

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2005, 06:41:33 PM »
Yea, Jefferson Arms looks pretty good. I'm just worried about living in undergrad party central. When I head up tomorrow I'll probably  browse the classifieds of the Tallahassee Democrat and see whats available.

vixierat

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2005, 02:44:56 PM »
I looked at Jefferson Arms. It's in a fairly nice area, but the studios are really small.

Alumni Village wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be & you can't beat the price. I'm probably going to live there.

ACore

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2005, 09:52:45 AM »
Well Shardik, it looks like you and I will be neighbors. I just signed a lease to stay in a 1 bedroom at Jefferson Arms. It is literally right across from the law school on what looks to be a quiet street. Only bad part is that frat row is directly behind it. 

As far as Tallahassee goes...its a great town. The law school is really close to downtown and there are a bunch of restaurants and bars pretty close to the law school.

I signed my move in date as August 10th, when is everyone else planning on moving up?

Shardik

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ignorance, the root and the stem of every evil.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2005, 11:51:14 AM »
ACore thats great!  We should get together sometime closer to the start of school (when we may still have time to hangout).  I looked at other "better" appartments but you just can't beat being so close to the school.

I can move in on the 29th. so i'll start moving in just a few weeks.

See ya there

ACore

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2005, 07:54:18 PM »
Sure thing duder.

Yea the convenience is great. I plan on trading my parking spot for an outline or two if I start getting stressed. j/k

OldAccount

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2005, 02:48:09 AM »
Hey guys/girls, I am going to be living in Jefferson Arms, I talked to some of the students and that area is supposed to be rather calm compared to the other side of campus! I am a transfer Junior from Florida Gulf Coast University and I will be attending FSU in the fall, I am studying criminal justice and considering law school. I will most likely see you guys in the Law library since it is the closet one to Jefferson Arms. I move into Jefferson Arms Aug 5th. Do you guys know what apartment you are going to be in? I will be in either 307 or 308, I should know for sure this week.