Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: From Tennessee to Vanderbilt?  (Read 1536 times)

mfitz

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.72/158
    • AOL Instant Messenger - MEFter0913
    • View Profile
    • Email
From Tennessee to Vanderbilt?
« on: July 03, 2005, 03:29:19 PM »
Depending on circumstances, I am thinking about trying to transfer from University of Tennessee to Vanderbilt.  Tennessee I a high T2 school, currently ranked 52, and I also got into Baylor and University of Florida (from out of state), both low T1 schools.  I only got a 158 on the LSAT.  Do y'all think it would be possible to transfer to Vandy on grades alone, or will I need to retake the LSAT?  I'm only asking now because if I need to retake the LSAT, I need to start working on it now--I have a very hard time with standardized tests.
Accepts: Akron, Washburn, Hamline, Valpo, Mercer, Baylor (Sum), Arkansas, Ohio Northern, Tennessee,  Ave Maria, U of St. Thomas, St. Louis, S Carolina, Hofstra, U Florida.
Rejects: George Mason, UGA (blah).

I'm going to Tennessee!!!!!!

jdohno

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: From Tennessee to Vanderbilt?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2005, 03:46:04 PM »
When you transfer the schools look at your first year grades. Your LSAT score and UGPA have less importance. I don't know what Vanderbilt states on their website regarding what they look for from transfer students. There are a few people on the transfer board on Yahoo trying to transfer from Vanderbilt. You can ask a few of them for their advice.

Depending on circumstances, I am thinking about trying to transfer from University of Tennessee to Vanderbilt.  Tennessee I a high T2 school, currently ranked 52, and I also got into Baylor and University of Florida (from out of state), both low T1 schools.  I only got a 158 on the LSAT.  Do y'all think it would be possible to transfer to Vandy on grades alone, or will I need to retake the LSAT?  I'm only asking now because if I need to retake the LSAT, I need to start working on it now--I have a very hard time with standardized tests.

ruskiegirl

• Sr. Citizen
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
Re: From Tennessee to Vanderbilt?
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2005, 04:58:22 PM »

That's a heck of a transfer you are contemplating.  You would have to have grades that are in the top 15% of your class to have a shot at all.  As jdohno pointed out, your LSAT and UGPA will be only secondary factors.