Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: People That Apply to T14s With Sub 150 LSATs Should Be SHOT.  (Read 26253 times)

Erapitt

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: People That Apply to T14s With Sub 150 LSATs Should Be SHOT.
« Reply #60 on: April 22, 2006, 01:35:06 AM »
Ok cupcake.  Don't be bitter bc you are inferior.
Attending GW in Fall '06

tenth8sphere

« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2006, 04:25:42 PM »
Erapitt what makes you so high and mighty, yeah maybe you go to a t14 or t50 school, and frankly you may have the connections to get you into some fancy law firm when you graduate.  But I ask you what right you have to pose judgement on other people.  These terrible sub 150's or other undesirables won't be sitting next to you at Yale or Stanford whereever it is you go.  People don't always have the same resources or make the same decisions as others.  If you are so concerned, and sure that the best someone is going to get is a position as a legal aide; then you should be happy, less competition for you.  But remember when you get a job, when your arguing a case the judge or jury aren't going to care if you want to a 4t or top 15 school, also graduating from a prestigious school doesn't make you skilled by default.  Spend more time bettering yourself instead of putting down other people, you'll find yourself happier and better at what you do.

[name removed]

Amen, this should be a banner forced on all the bitter LDS poster's login screens.

amiurpoppa

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2006, 05:18:44 PM »
ERAPITT, my little cherryblossom, why do you so easily devolve to slurs?  I thought we had something special here.  You know, in my culture, when you walk 7 steps with somebody, you're supposed to be friends.  We've responded to each other many many more times than that.  Surely we must then be ... more than friends.

Do you know what I'm going to do for you, my little caramel-covered magpie?  I'm going to petition the new mayor of New Orleans to establish an Erapitt Appreciation Day.

Toodles

NorthEast_1L

• www.jimwilsonlawblog.blogspot.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 27, 2006, 05:00:48 PM »
I would say I agree, but you must excuse people with connections.  My buddy got a 153 & 154 respectively on his two attempts, but is now headed to a top 25 school, thanks to daddy.  And let's not forget George W. Bush or John Kerry, both C- students in undergrad, but both admitted to prestigous grad programs.  If you have connections, milk them.  If you don't have connections, who cares if they waste their money, I think a lot of T14 schools have automatic rejections for kids who fall well below their averages without being a minority, special exception..

Are you people seious?

I guess its reasonable if you're a URM, but even that's stretching it. Sub 150s should be eliminated altogether from the legal profession. HTH
Jim

jason1114

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: July 29, 2006, 03:21:27 AM »
The discussion thread said that people that apply with sub150 LSATs should be shot, not a 150 whatever...

littlebrowngirl

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 04, 2007, 01:03:30 AM »
i just read this whole thread instead of working on my draft motion that's due monday morning. THANKS guys for nothing!

imho, i think the point that erapitt raises -- that there should be standards preventing "just anyone" from entering the legal profession -- is taken care of by the bar exam. basically, you can go wherever you want but unless you're substantively capable of understanding the law, you don't pass. i think that the bar is the great unifying factor -- but that it should be standardized perhaps throughout the nation. maybe replace all bar exams w/ the california or new york bar? why should some states be easier to practice in than others? that seems to make no sense to me but maybe i'm missin something...
"you're my brown-eyed girl.."

lsat: 164/167
gpa: 3.52

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=leetlebrowngirl

in: USC, Davis
wl: UCLA
withdrawn: everything else.

fullitaliandmr

• AOL Instant Messenger - fullitaliandmr
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: February 14, 2007, 09:50:18 AM »
You are really insane if you think the LSAT has anything to do with Law School or Law Practice....WOW...you must be trying to talk BIG on here in order to make up for other SMALL areas you have...(Brain and Cock)

lawmistress

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 24, 2007, 02:37:45 PM »
This thread bemuses me greatly....Erapit, why are you so opinionated about who should or should not become an attorney? A T3 or T4 might be restricted in their job options, but your assumption that they shouldn't be practicing law based on their LSAT is elitist, and your entire arguement is based on false information. In fact, graduates of these lesser schools ban together, creating a strong network. The LSAT is a potential measurement of ones future success in law school, used by schools to weigh the merits of various candidates. The LSAT was never meant to "weed" out incompentents, though you are intent on viewing it in this manner. Erapit, if you are bound for glory, why do you care about the students at Cooley or Wiedmer? A mediocre lawyer isn't going to kill anybody. Inreality, anyone who has invested in a JD program regardless of rank will find a job as attorney. Just look at the numbers.

Voyager

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: February 28, 2007, 03:46:53 PM »
FYI:

T3 and T4 students are functionally retarded and doomed to a life of temp doc review and ambulance chasing.

mgd83

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 19, 2007, 04:20:33 PM »
Message boards like these make me hate my law school classmates already, and I haven't even entered law school.

Anyone who thinks that your score on ONE standardized test should determine your law school career should be shot in the head. Much more important than someone's testing ability, for example, is their writing ability, their ability to research and think creatively, and their ability to make effective arguments.

The fact is, law schools are cheap and lazy, and don't want to devote the necessary time and resources required to judge students on their REAL merits, like undergrad GPA, writing ability, etc.

In conclusion, if you think one test score determines your individual worth as a human being and lawyer, you are probably the one who needs to be shot in the head.