Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: People That Apply to T14s With Sub 150 LSATs Should Be SHOT.  (Read 26245 times)

Erapitt

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: People That Apply to T14s With Sub 150 LSATs Should Be SHOT.
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2006, 11:28:53 AM »
No it isn't.  You can easily find Cooley grads that are bitter about their experience there.  It is not unsubstantiated at all learned.  You just love to pretend like your TTT is going to get you some fantastic job.  Meanwhile, you will likely be unemployed.  Note I said "likely," not "surely."
Attending GW in Fall '06

hotdiggity

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2006, 08:22:45 PM »
Erapitt what makes you so high and mighty, yeah maybe you go to a t14 or t50 school, and frankly you may have the connections to get you into some fancy law firm when you graduate.  But I ask you what right you have to pose judgement on other people.  These terrible sub 150's or other undesirables won't be sitting next to you at Yale or Stanford whereever it is you go.  People don't always have the same resources or make the same decisions as others.  If you are so concerned, and sure that the best someone is going to get is a position as a legal aide; then you should be happy, less competition for you.  But remember when you get a job, when your arguing a case the judge or jury aren't going to care if you want to a 4t or top 15 school, also graduating from a prestigious school doesn't make you skilled by default.  Spend more time bettering yourself instead of putting down other people, you'll find yourself happier and better at what you do.

[Name Removed]

Erapitt

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2006, 08:32:15 PM »
Last I checked that this was an opinion related thread.  I hold the opinion that people with a Sub 150 LSAT don't belong in law school.  We don't let people that bomb the MCAT in medical school.  Why?  Because they can destroy people's lives, that's why. 

Some would say lawyers have a similar ability............
Attending GW in Fall '06

QUAKER OATS

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2006, 08:35:46 PM »
I agree that its pretty dumb to apply to a T14 with sub 150, but its your admission fee to spend.

I'm just pointing out that Erapitt makes ridiculous exaggerative claims all over this board.  Everyone knows that rankings matter to a certain extent for any job.  Rankings particularly matter for BIGLAW, clerkships, and professorships.  However, ERA fails to realize (prob since she is a 0L) that other factors come into play such as Law Review, Class Rank, etc.  It is absolutely ridiculous to suggest that a MAJORITY of T4 grads will end up working at McDonalds.

I'll "likely" be unemployed?!?  So you think that the odds are better that I cannot get an associate position than the odds that I can?  You should spend your summer working on your critical thinking skills.  I wish you were in my class so I could watch you get your a$$ handed to you by a professor.

You're going to be a lawyer-learn to think like one.  That advice was free, I'll charge you when I represent you for malpractice in a few years.  ;)

Erapitt

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2006, 08:42:43 PM »
You won't ever come near a case if I need council, I assure you.  Also, most schools (reputable ones anyway), Law Review is 70% grades.  The bottom line is any job is going to be fought for at a lower ranked school.  You have to be the top 5-10% of your class to get anything going for yourself with a firm.  Unless you want to be a personal injury lawyer, and if that's your thing, so be it.  Somebody has to chase ambulances, it just won't be me.

I doubt I will get my "ass handed to me" anymore than your typical 1L.  This bored is for opinions and I post mine when I feel like it.  Its easy to say you wish I were in your class when it will never happen.  Where do you go/where are you headed?  If you are so sure of yourself, how about we look at some stats for whatever toilet you are headed to.  Last I checked you were backing up Roger Williams, the toilet of all toilets.  Why stop there?  How about the People's College of Law?

By the way, what will your hourly rate be?  Will you charge by the peanut or will your time spent just be paid for by my allowing you to sit in a warm home for a few hours?

Attending GW in Fall '06

QUAKER OATS

« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2006, 08:45:13 PM »
are you hitting on me?  Well, I'm flattered   8)

Erapitt

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2006, 08:49:40 PM »
No, I just figured since you won't be able to pay your gas or electric bill due to your big wrongful death case not turning out as planned, I could offer up some temporary shelter.  I'm a charitable guy, what can I say?    ::)
Attending GW in Fall '06

hotdiggity

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2006, 06:59:50 AM »
Erapitt, where are you going?

Erapitt

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2006, 08:07:14 AM »
George Washington.  I had to stay in the DC area because my employer is paying for law school and GULC is hella out of the way from where I work and live. 

What about you?
Attending GW in Fall '06

hotdiggity

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2006, 06:08:32 PM »
I'm in at Widener and Rutgers and I"ll probably end up at Widener, I like the thought of getting out of the city more than camden. Well good luck with GW but you should try not to be so condescending though it's not going to help you in life, honestly, US Newsweek reports aren't very reliable to say the least.