mfitz

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.72/158
    • AOL Instant Messenger - MEFter0913
    • View Profile
    • Email
RomLaw
« on: June 29, 2005, 08:47:37 PM »
Has anyone ever used it?  Is it worth it?  I've heard all sorts of bad things about it, but I just downloaded the trial, and it seems ok to me.  Of course, I'm not in law school yet, so I don't know how useful it is. 

Anyone used it?  Thoughts?
Accepts: Akron, Washburn, Hamline, Valpo, Mercer, Baylor (Sum), Arkansas, Ohio Northern, Tennessee,  Ave Maria, U of St. Thomas, St. Louis, S Carolina, Hofstra, U Florida.
Rejects: George Mason, UGA (blah).

I'm going to Tennessee!!!!!!

Brooklaw

• View Profile
Re: RomLaw
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2005, 09:20:01 PM »
What th hell is ROMLAW? Nevermind, i'll google it.

lawisevil

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2005, 10:26:44 AM »
I used it last year. Every body said bad things about it but I downloaded it. www.romlawonline.com and had a great time all year long

Many of the briefs are superb and required a lot of deletions because they covered things not in the casebook. I found about 50 or so out of the 800 I used that needed more work but it is digital and it is easy to copy the stuff to word and make changes and add things.

The flash cards are great, the outlines are ok but most of all it was easy to modify the information and to put it in the format I wanted it in so I could study really easy.

daddy22655

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2005, 02:55:34 PM »
I started school last summer and am using it. I've used it to nail my tort and contracts profs a number of times.

I usually copy the materials to word and then rework them a bit based on the material I have annoted in the casebook.

They have two levels of briefs, those that have been redone to the Superbrief and those that are ok. The Superbriefs are scary and you really have to be careful what you say in class.

Mostly I save a large amount of time. I also like the advice they give on briefing cases, and their exam writing materials are just perfect.

Everybody in our study group uses the product and we have the best grades in our school. But it is no substitute for doing the work yourself. It makes things easier and faster to do.

Benjamin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2005, 03:47:28 PM »
I thought Romlaw was crap.  I tried it out for a little while the first few weeks, but noticed a number of errors in the briefs.  I would stay away from it.  Go with the High Court series if you want canned briefs.

nick081975

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2005, 12:15:00 PM »
I used it all last year. The bookstore people said not to use it and they badmouthed it really bad. So did a lot of other students who were the student reps for westlaw and lexis. Apparently both those groups are suffering severely from lack of sales for all the substandard products they sell and want you to buy.

There were four people in our study group. We bought one copy to see what it was about. We all purchased about two weeks later. All four of us are in the top ten students at our school.

The Superbriefs are far better than High Court. In fact all of the High Court books for our courses were out of date and off edition.

The Superbriefs are the best. 

We did find one error in the six casebooks we used it for and the company emailed us a corrected brief the next day.  Their flash cards beat law in the flash hands down.

Their outlines are ok but we had to do a lot of work getting them up to speed. Gee because we could copy and paste we must have spent a whole 30 hours total in playing with briefs and in getting our outlines ready.

We also used their MP3 exam writing lecture.