Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Greetings  (Read 3713 times)

fredm04

• View Profile
Greetings
« on: June 29, 2005, 04:28:29 PM »
Doesn't look like this board gets a lot of activity, but I want to say hello to anyone out there who's planning on going to UCLA. I have recently chosen UCLA over Northwestern, and I'm very excited about attending UCLA -- although their infrastructure for admits is definitely lacking (NU has a message board system to help incoming students find housing, roommates, and link up with current students to answer questions).

I'd like to hear from my future classmates if you're out there -- I'll start off -- I graduated from Stanford a number of years ago and worked as a journalist before moving to LA to work as a story editor at a talent agency. That work brought me in touch with a number of intellectual property attorneys, which made me interested in law school. Although I have worked in entertainment for a number of years, I am more interested in straight IP law without an entertainment focus.

Fred
HLS 2008

fredm04

• View Profile
Re: Greetings
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2005, 04:52:13 PM »

Vinod has created a discussion group for entering 1Ls at UCLA:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/UCLALaw2008/
HLS 2008

shira_aliza

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2005, 06:39:30 PM »
Hi :-D

I'm attending UCLA in the fall as well! I graduated from UCLA in 2004 and took a year to work, so for me it'll be like coming home... and you know, finding it completely different. ;-)

Doesn't look like this board gets a lot of activity, but I want to say hello to anyone out there who's planning on going to UCLA. I have recently chosen UCLA over Northwestern, and I'm very excited about attending UCLA -- although their infrastructure for admits is definitely lacking (NU has a message board system to help incoming students find housing, roommates, and link up with current students to answer questions).

I'd like to hear from my future classmates if you're out there -- I'll start off -- I graduated from Stanford a number of years ago and worked as a journalist before moving to LA to work as a story editor at a talent agency. That work brought me in touch with a number of intellectual property attorneys, which made me interested in law school. Although I have worked in entertainment for a number of years, I am more interested in straight IP law without an entertainment focus.

Fred

tashee1515

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2005, 05:07:25 AM »
I'm also attending UCLA law school after having graduated from the college...except I just graduated in 2005 so I really will be close to home.