Law School Discussion

Possible to transfer without grades/rank?

Possible to transfer without grades/rank?
« on: June 29, 2005, 10:07:33 AM »
I'm going to be starting law school this Fall but am very torn about which school to choose. I was waitlisted at my dream schools and so I think I have a decent shot of being accepted as a transfer if I do well in 1L.

For now, I'm deciding between Northeastern and two other schools (a similarly-ranked school and a T4 w/$$$). Most people are telling me to go to Northeastern, but since they don't have letter grades (the infamous "narrative evaluations") or class rank, I'm not sure if there's any way for me to apply for transfer. What do you guys think?

jdohno

• View Profile
Re: Possible to transfer without grades/rank?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2005, 05:45:31 PM »
If you want to transfer from Northeastern and they don't give grades then don't go. The transfer process is competitive. So far it seems to be all about grades and class rank. What you can do is call up some of the schools that you might be interested in transferring to and ask them what their policy is for transfers who don't have class rank and grades.

I'm going to be starting law school this Fall but am very torn about which school to choose. I was waitlisted at my dream schools and so I think I have a decent shot of being accepted as a transfer if I do well in 1L.

For now, I'm deciding between Northeastern and two other schools (a similarly-ranked school and a T4 w/$$$). Most people are telling me to go to Northeastern, but since they don't have letter grades (the infamous "narrative evaluations") or class rank, I'm not sure if there's any way for me to apply for transfer. What do you guys think?

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2005, 08:48:23 AM »
For what it's worth, I was choosing between Northeastern and Suffolk last year and chose Suffolk because of that very issue.  I always went to Suffolk with the hopes of transferring.  So far that has worked out well for me as I'll be transferring to either BC or BU next year.  You don't hear of many people tranferring out of Northeastern for that very reason.

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2005, 10:46:20 PM »
[...] go to Northeastern, but since they don't have letter grades (the infamous "narrative evaluations") or class rank, [...]

LOL!